Subs department /offer - not happy at all :-(

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently subscribed to the mag via your web page to take up the offer of the free headphones and save a few pounds on the cover price.

As I hadn't received the first subs copy I bought the Awards issue from a shop and saw the HDMI cable offer, which would be more useful as I have just bought a HDTV.

I called the subs dept two weeks ago and cancelled the first sub and took out a new one to get the HDMI cable. I was told that they were still available, so I placed my order and waited for a letter/cable.

Nothing arrived, so I called today and was told that the previous sub was cancelled on the 30th Oct but they had not put the new one through yet.

I was told that I would not get the December issue as the payment would not be set up in time and the Jan one as my first subs issue. However, as the free gift could not be sent until payment was taken I would not get the HDMI cable as the 200 had already gone !!!

What is going on? I was told I would get the cable, but due to the slowness of the subs department I can no longer get it! I was told to see what offer code was in the December issue, though they did not know if this would be a cable or not.

This is not acceptable, I have cancelled my sub and may check for a similar offer in the new mag, but I'm not holding my breath.

Overall a very unimpressive encounter with the subs department :-(

Ian

A

Anonymous

Dear Ian

I have looked into your case and have also spoken with our Customer Services Team. They advised you would receive the magazine and Sennheiser CX300 Headphones only once payment had been received. Unfortunately, there is no record a new order was taken out when you cancelled your original subscription on 30th October. We do not encourage readers to cancel a subscription and then take out another as this causes confusion and delays to your order. The HDMI cable was a very popular offer and stock levels ran out very quickly, it was stated in the advert there were only 200 cables available.

Every month the magazine offers very attractive discounts and gifts to encourage readers to take out a subscription so I trust you will find a promotion in the future which will be of interest.

With Best Wishes

Mark

A

Anonymous

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I was never told that resubscribing would be a problem, in fact I was told that was the only way in which I could receive the HDMI cable, which was still available at the time.

I spoke to two people in the subs dept , Graham and Jimmy, I believe. They did not tell me this would be a problem and I am very surprised that they had no details of my new subscription, a bit of a mess all round.

Mabe in the future, but I really wanted the cable :-(

Ian

DarkStrider28

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
To Ian,

I know exactly what you mean as i have just gone through everything which you have but with myfavoritemagazine.co.uk regarding t3 magazine they were offering a qed hdmi cable a week or so after i had renewed with a xbox 360 game, and like you i was told to cancel and then resubscribe which i did, didnt hear anything back so i rang them to be told that everything will be sorted and if there was a problem they would call me. No phone call but a letter saying that my gift was out of stock and would be sent as soon as but never said in the letter what gift. So another phonecall and got nowhere i was told that they had no record of my new subscription even though i had recieved a confirmation email with the hdmi cable and said that i will only get what i ordered first and that they could'nt even quarentee that and i could even get something different.They also said that to many people abuse the system and that whats stopping me from cancelling again in a months time when i liked something else, was not amused i appreciate that there prob is people like that but i really wanted the cable but got no joy. And before everyone flames me for reading t3 i have only just started reading what hi-fi past few months

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
To be honest fellas you can't just subscribe and unsubscribe at will becuase you've seen a better offer, it doesn't work like that in real life, and I have nothing to do with WHFSAV

A

Anonymous

Why can't you ? If I effectively pre-order something and then find it at a better price elsewhere I can cancel and buy from the second shop/site.

If they cannot handle this, then why not simply allow you to change the subscriber gift - surely that would be a simple option?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts