Getting there...

colinm66

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello folks

Been building my first home cinema system and now have this -> http://www.box.com/s/bolm0nuqoq02uf89a19j

Pioneer BDPLX54-->SCLX85-->Ikon 6 mk2/Vokal 2 mk2 and my old Tannoy 609's making up the rear. Front pair are bi-amped, chord rumour 4. The sub is Paradigm SE, fairly small but powerful - all housed in my ex garage now my home cinema room.

TV is via Virgin Tivo and my PS3 for gaming and streaming from my home pc.

Looking at the photo the room looks a little bare, I'm needing to add some pictures/bits to help improve the sound.

I'm very happy with the movie sound, not sure yet when listening to music ... was considering looking at using pre-outs to feed a stereo amp for the Ikon 6's; anyone done this, is it worthwhile (I bought the LX85 thinking it would be enough, not sure now), any particular amp recommended?

(I did have a 20yr old cyrus 1 that I re-build last year, now retired).

Thanks

colinm66

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
2nd try ...
bolm0nuqoq02uf89a19j

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Not easy posting picks on this forum!! Took me ages to get mine uploaded!!

As someone once said to me about mine (below)a nice all black themed settup!! Pity you couldnt get the fronts a little wider apart though. How is the '85 with the Dalis??

colinm66

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
'85 and Dalis work very well, movies are excellent, the stereo is good however seems to lack something (for me) which is why I wondered about connecting a stereo amp via the pre outs... anyone doing this, what kit, big difference..?

& yes posting pictures is bit of a pain (can't find a smiley with steam coming out ears)

TRENDING THREADS