Garden centers and Hifi :)

AJM1981

Hifi can be displayed in a spartan way but is mostly part of the home and looking for something around Hifi that supports well and blends well in with the interior can be difficult.

For people who search for something that adds function around their devices but don't know where to start online I would like to share the advice to visit a big garden center.

Got a simple frame with wheels for my old sub today and there are metal stands in all sizes for plants that would with or without little tweaks also do well for speakerstands. The rubber tiles are cheap and could be applied for room accoustics.

Anyone else who has ever bought anything at a garden center for this purpose?

Tinman1952

Not a garden centre but I did make some subwoofer stands out of some IKEA bamboo chopping boards (£5) with foculpods sandwiched between them and little aluminium furniture feet. 🙂 Work really well for little money….I agree we can be ‘creative’ with HiFi accessories…👍

Reactions: AJM1981

Gray

Not a garden centre for me either.
But I previously adapted an MFI kitchen larder unit.
And I currently use a converted Ikea 'Pax' double wardrobe.
Both were the only things that I could find, deep enough to enclose all rear wiring.
(Suitably ventilated as part of the adaptions).
Pretty it ain't, but practical as can be (always fit wheels for easier rear access).

Tinman1952

Not a garden centre for me either.
But I previously adapted an MFI kitchen larder unit.
And I currently use a converted Ikea 'Pax' double wardrobe.
Both were the only things that I could find, deep enough to enclose all rear wiring.
(Suitably ventilated as part of the adaptions).
Pretty it ain't, but practical as can be (always fit wheels for easier rear access).
Sounds brilliant! We are only limited by our imagination….😁 I made a nice little AV rack out of three IKEA coffee tables….suitably modified.
There is even a ‘ikeahackers’ website with some interesting little projects. 👍

Friesiansam

You can easily pay £50 plus just for a headphone stand, Focal's costs a lot more. I made my own for two pairs.
WQUz5BR.jpg

Friesiansam

That is excellent 👍
I can see how long that would have taken.
(Which is why you couldn't charge enough to make them for other people).
I had some old, dirty, grey, rough sawn pieces of wood lying around and decided to take a plane to one of them, to see what it might be. Turned out it was some sort of mahogany, so made myself this double headphone stand and a single for the wife. The wood cost me nothing as part of a pile of odd bits.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts