Freeview HD PVRs? - question for the What Hi Fi mag team...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi There,

was interested to read the reviews of the HD tuners in this months mag. I'm actually looking (like many people) to get one of the freeview HD PVRs that seem to be trickling onto the market. I know there appear to have been production delays for many of them, but seems they are starting to trickle out - with the Fetch TV smartbox now available, and TVonics launching a new box, and 3view coming soon, then Humax etc.

I wondered when the What Hi Fi team might be doing a feature on these various boxes? Is it likely to be in the August mag, or further into the future than that?

Many thanks,

Pete

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Certainly something we'll do as soon as we can get a group together, and can get our heads around the reported sound problems - ATM the only one in the August issue, which is just about wrapped up, is the Digital Stream DHR8205U, so the group test may still be an issue or two away...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We're also going to review the Tesco-exclusive Technika Freeview HD PVR when it arrives this week - that review will appear online here before being in a later issue.

And of course we've reviewed Panasonic's DMR-BW880 Blu-ray recorder/Freeview HD PVR in our current issue, too.

TRENDING THREADS