Announcement Welcome to the What Hi-Fi? forum. Introduce yourself!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladoh

Jan 30, 2024
Visit site
Hi there!!

It is a pleasure to join this community. I'm pretty new in Hi-Fi world, but my interest in music is very old! Now I was finally able to start with a minimal set-up to to better enjoy this passion, and let's see what the future brings.

My top three desert island disks? Well, it’s really hard to choose only 3, but currently I would choose:

1. Fear Inoculum - Tool
2. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - The Smashing Pumpkins
3. Violator – Depeche Mode

Maybe tomorrow I will change mind!!! :sweatsmile:

korgua

Mar 15, 2024
Visit site
Greetings, very excited to reconnect with my Hifi after 20+ years. All the gear (maybe) and some idea is where I am.

Dusty in Memphis
Rumours
A Night at the Opera

da kid

Apr 18, 2024
Visit site
View attachment 4

Hello everyone and welcome to the launch (or should we say relaunch) of the What Hi-Fi? .Com forums. We’re so excited to have this forum up and running and to be seeing visitors old and new back here, the home of What Hi-Fi? discussion! For those returning, all your old discussions are right where you left them, frozen in time, all you need to do is reset your password and you’re good to go. For our new members, welcome to the home of Hi-FI Talk!

Here's a rundown on the stuff we have planned for launch week!

🎵Your Hi-fi, Your Music!

We’re looking for contributors for the Ultimate Audiophile playlist! Post a song in our suggestion thread, and we may feature you in the playlist and on our website.

🎧What Hi-Fi? Launch Competition!

We'll have a competition thread open later in the week where you'll get a chance to win something awesome!

🎤Introduce yourself here!

Let us know more about you in this thread, and tell us your top 3 Desert Island disks. Mine are:

1. Supertramp The Best Of
  2. ELO The Best Of
  3. Baker Gurvits Army - The German Sessions

Yup, 70's prog rock, how cliche. ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

The Future Community Team
Man called Adam 'Estelle'
Madonna 'Boderline'
Mozart in general ;)
Trying to start an online radio station and read the stuff you had on DAC and wondered what you think about the Barix instreamer/exstreamer?
Hello by the way :)

Lud

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone. Glad to join you all here. I recently moved back to the UK after living abroad for many years and I’ve really started to enjoy listening to music again now that I’m living in a house rather than a city centre apartment with lots of close neighbours.

I’d say my three desert island albums would be:
- Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
- Miles Davis - A Tribute To Jack Johnson
- Benjamin Britten - War Requiem (the wonderful Decca recording conducted by Britten himself)

CrisCross

Apr 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone - hmmm based on the number times i have played these particular albums

Killers - Hot Fuss
The Only Ones -eponymous
U2 - Joshua Tree

I’m killing some time here waiting for FedEx to deliver my 3rd gen system - Dali Oberon 5 & Arcam Radia A5 which will be paired up with a Project Debut Carbon Evo and WiiM pro+. Replacing an Ariston Q deck, CA Azur 640a v2, KEF IQ5 which replaced Dual 505, NAD 3020 and AR18S ! 3 systems in 40 years!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts