Freeview HD channels

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Having problems tuning Freeview HD on my new Sony KDL-40EX503 TV. Freeview HD is available in my area (West Yorks) but I have no channels 55 to 5?

My software version is PKG4.077EUL-0108, Frequency 722.64, Signal Quality 92 and Signal Strength 34.

Could the aerial or aerial connections cause these problem?

Any thoughts on Signal Strength and software and how to tune in these missing channels would be much appreciated.

Lawrie

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I set up my dads new KDL-40EX403 the other day. He gets BBC One HD, BBC HD, Channel 4 HD, and I think ITV HD. His Signal Quality is 99 to 100% and the Signal Strength is around the 50% mark, so I would guess the aerial may be the problem.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Binman,

I've re-routed the aerial and now get 100% signal quality and 98% signal strength.

Can now received BBC1 HD, ITV HD, Channnel 4 HD and BBC HD. Reception is excellent.

Lawrie

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted. I'm still miffed we Freesat users get short-changed when it comes to Channel 4HD... I fail to see why Freesat can't sort their act out there, rather than including a range of incomparably irritating religious/psychic channels and poor quality music offerings.

A

Anonymous

This sounds mad but sometimes, you can have to much signal. The best way to check is switch to analogue, channel five is the weakest and best to check for signal overload. Too much signal spoils analogue pictures and courses drop outs in digital reception. Look for vertical banding (not ghosting which is coursed by aerial alinement) on the screen. If you have it, then you have to much signal and need to use an attenuator to reduce the signal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts