TV recorder + HD issues

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I've been using a Thomson box to record programmes but got rid of it at Christmas as it kept missing recordings. I got a Humax as a present so connected it up the same way through my t.v.

My tv is a Panasonic Viera TX with Freeview and I have the aerial from outside going to the recorder box and a HDMI going from the box to the tv. - I also have a scart from the recorder to a scart box which then connects to the tv. (I also have Samsung Home Cinema connected to the tv you see). Before I did this, there were no problems but since I have reconnected it, I have trouble watching HD channels on Humax and Panasonic i.e. it says the signal is too weak or not there, whereas the other channels are okay. I have tried to connect the aerial direct to the tv but the connector wont stay in.

Any ideas ?

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I cant actually remember why I used the Scart cables as I connected it all up sometime ago, but I think it was when wanted to view different things via the tv, I would choose a scart from the scart box. Maybe they are obsolete now but part of me is loathe to disconnect it all as I fear I might not be able to put it back again.

However, the problem is : why am I unable to view the HD channels ? Has something gone wrong in the connections - do they need a stronger signal than non HD ? Also, as I said above, the outside aerial goes to the recorder box and a HDMI goes from the box to the t.v. - so the tv will only receive the aerial signal when the recorder box is switched on (this was never needed with the Thomson by the way)

daveh75

Portoman said:
Also, as I said above, the outside aerial goes to the recorder box and a HDMI goes from the box to the t.v. - so the tv will only receive the aerial signal when the recorder box is switched on (this was never needed with the Thomson by the way)

Well that isn't right for a start. HDMI doesn't carry aerial signals.

The aerial should be connected to the aerial input on the recorder, then its RF out connected to the aerial input on the TV.

I think you need to clarify your setup too, since your op is confusing.

You mention Humax, Panasonic and a recorder box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts