Freesat: is it worth it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Moving into a flat that's already got a big ugly satellite dish hanging off the wall, and therefore considering Freesat (SKY not an option). Is it worth it? Is reception and PQ consistent throughtout the country? Even in London, Freeview for instance can be pretty naff in some places (although it's not sent via satellite obviously). Any opinions out there of current Freesat users and viewers?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Reception should be consistant through out the country, as long as you can point to the satellite.I have had no problems with my picture at all ( not even the occasional pixellation that you see with freeview and I have a strong freeview signal). The HD content is limited but it has a great picture (and sound is very good too). I have the humax PVR and that works well. I turn mine on and off a lot and the EPG reloads very quickly.

A

Anonymous

I don't have a choice as Freeview is not available in France. They do have an equivalent with 5 HD channels but its all in French!

I too have a Humax PVR and even with a single connection it is brilliant for recording. Picture quality is excellent in SD. At the moment Freesat gives you 2 channels of HD which is better than Freeview. Of course this may change over the next few years as Freeview HD channels become available!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts