FreeSat HD or Freeview HD ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I'm new here.

I currently have a HD ready LG TV but the house I'm in has a Sky Dish (NO CABLE TO IT)

I'm not sure whether to wait for FreeviewHD to come out or dive into using FreeSat HD and use the dish that's avaliable. Are there any HD recorders around the £100 to £150 mark? If so I'm looking for installing a HD unit in my bedroom and another cheaper (perhaps SD) one for downstairs in the Kitchen. Is the FreeSat signal more reliable? ( had a few issues with freeview on the tv i have, - mainly ch5, Five Star, Five USA. Am I the only one with this issue? )

Would love some help and advice from you about this.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
chudleighpaul said:
If you want the ultimate HD pics ie. 1080p then you should go for Freeview.

I have to admit, it's mildy irritating that Freesat doesn't transmit the very occasional programmes (at present) broadcast in 1080p in their full resolution. I still think it's a minor issue, however, and shouldn't sour people on the Freesat platform.

A

Anonymous

Ok . Thanks for the advice, that's great. What about the dish, though? it has been on the house since 2003 and was an official sky dish. Will it cope with Freesat? You must forgive my dumbness here! I'm great with I.T but not with A/V. :oops:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts