FRANK HARVEY-david QED -advice please

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Please can you give me your opinion please. My priority is cinema surround 5.1, NOT music. My system is yamaha rx765 with monitor audio rx6 fronts and soon to follow rx center + rx rears. But for now Qacoustic 1000ci ,rx6 fonts, 1010i rears sub, Im looking into upgrading my qed silver xt speaker cable if this is possible to get more detail without comprimising on surround sound stage. I recently tried chord rumer, although there was more music detail it seemed to calm or control the surround . On most opinions It seems all the latest chord cables seems to calm a bright system but bring detail . Can any of the other qed cables improve detail whilst keeping the superb surround sound stage in movies of the qed silver aniversary xt. I am considering auditioning qed xt400 or qed silver spiral , yes they maybe overkill but i will pay it for my center and fronts if they bring my movie audio more involving, Thank you david for any feedback advise . Ps hope i got names right. cheers

A

Anonymous

A lot of knowlegeable people recommend that you need an amp of at least the level of the Yamaha 2065 to get the most out of the RX6 speakers. The 1065 may be adequate but won''t get the most out of them.

Because of that, I'd not spend money on new cables, but put it towards a new amp..

A

Anonymous

The 765 will drive the RX6 fine, and sorry but to get a better sound which is worth while, you would need to be looking at 1000.00+ eg the Z7.

Dave has told me that my Pioneer VSX 819 is a great amp, and I would be looking at that for any kind of mass improvment as was going to buy the denon 1910 when it was 310.00.

I have enquired, and my VSX819 will drive the RX6 130w p/c. as I am upgrading to the RX6 as well

145w p/c is more than enough.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, I've been securing strongholds for the Agency, and helping the Peacekeepers tackle the scum on the streets.....
emotion-2.gif

As a temporary measure, the RXV765 will drive them, but I'd stay away from high volumes. If you set the RX6's to 'small', this will ease the load on the amp. Normally, I'd recommend a minimum of something like the Yamaha RXV2065 or Pioneer LX52. there will still be a noticable difference using something like the Z7 and LX82, which I think would be the ideal amps to use.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks all for your reply. I only paid 325 for yamaha . New amp on the genda then , Thanks lads you have just cost me a load of money as i wont settle now. I only wanted a bit of extra silver cable . cheers......

A

Anonymous

Hi David

Sorry i'm new here and a bit thick, would you tell me what bio means.

A

Anonymous

Bio, just click on his name and tells you about him and what he does.

A

Anonymous

No such thing as dumb, I am just starting out, and its taken me over a year in home cinema and I still have no idea what amp go best with what speakers ect. takes years of experiance

TRENDING THREADS