Help/advice on updating Home Theatre speakers please

david_tring

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Help please! I want to upgrade my current Home Theatre speakers and the Monitor Audio RX6 Silver AV12 package looks favourite on price/performance (What Hifi's excellent reviews and awards). It also has low-profile rears rather than "square box" type ones, which is a very important factor in my lounge.

My current setup is - Fronts = Mission 752F floorstanders, centre = Mission 77C, rears = Mission M7DS and sub = REL Q50 all fed by a Pioneer SC-LX85.

So two questions I'd really like advice on......

1/ Given that the Missions are now getting on a bit (well quite a lot actually) would the MAs represent a worthwhile improvemnt in home cinema 5.1 sound?

2/ But I also play a lot of stereo music just through the front speakers, so are the MA RX6 fronts in isolation going to be better than the 752s?

Regards - David

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi David,

The MA 'FX' surround speakers do fit snuggly on a wall which is one of the reasons I went for the MA Bronze BX2 5.1 set up.

I suspect the answer to both your questions will be a yes, especially for home cinema - but with apologies for stating the obvious - are you able to get a pair of RX6's home to demo? You'll be able to properly answer your 2nd question.

david_tring

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Good question jonathanrebecca! I don't have a local hifi shop (I wouldn't count Richer Sounds) so realistically I'd be asking a shop that had never seen me before........

I've heard the Pioneer amp described as "bright" but I've also seen knowledable people say that it's actually just better than some other amps with high frequencies.

I guess I need to do some phoning around.

Thanks - David

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
David, they will be more than happy to take your money!

Maybe arrange a demo in store first & see if you can take your Pioneer amp with you. If you like what you hear, ask if you can take them home to be sure. My local HiFi shop takes my credit card details - just in case!

It is a hassle sometimes - especially if you live a more than a few miles away - but demoing a pair at home for an evening or weekend is so much better. Jonathan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts