Forum poll. Do you have active or passive speakers?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Vladimir said:
Does that mean passive speakers are 3 times better or 3 times cheaper? *unknw*

Possibly a bit of both.

Mine weren't exactly cheap but I already had the pre / power and wasn't going to get rid of it. Not that I am aagainst actives in the right circumstances.

Meanwhile, back at the poll ..........

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:

...it means that a totally non random sample group of geeky wierdos from a HiFi forum have some active and passive speakers.

So in other words. A pretty meaningless and only slightly interesting poll. :)

steve_1979 said:
Vladimir said:

...it means that a totally non random sample group of geeky wierdos from a HiFi forum have some active and passive speakers.

Some may be weird but geeky? Come on, I bet less than 10 percent actually own an anorak. :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
steve_1979 said:
Vladimir said:

Some may be weird but geeky? Come on, I bet less than 10 percent actually own an anorak. :)

Time for another poll?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Main system is passive, I did look at actives when I last upgraded my speakers but I rejected them for some reason that eludes me at the moment, so no plans for actives in the near future. I do have a Sonos Play 5 in my bedroom, that's active I think.

TRENDING THREADS