Forum Advice - LG47LM670t or Panasonic GT50? Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would welcome opinions on a choice between two technologies, both TVs have great reviews.

1) Panasonic 50 inch GT50b - bigger, blacker, but heavier with active glasses (and I've a toddler at home!)

2) LG 47lm670t - smaller, lighter, cheaper to run, passive glasses cheaper (and I've still got a atoddler at home!)

help! Thanks, Austen :?

Streamer

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Austen

I recently purchased the exact LG TV you are looking at. I lasted less than a week with it due to poor backlighting and banding issues so took it back for a refund and purchased a GT50! We have a toddler too and I think the fact that the plasma has a glass screen is more of a benefit with kids around (we have cats too, my previous Panasonic plasma bore the scars of their claws, I think an LCD would have been much more badly damaged).

I can't fault the IQ on the GT50 either, 3D not so important to us but you should get a couple of pairs thrown in with the purchase price.

Just my 2 cents worth...

A

Anonymous

thanks for your comment. I had a 40 inch bravia, so haven't tried a plasma before, so I've ordered the Panasonic. I'll just set up an exclusion zone around it, ta

A

Anonymous

Hi Austens,

Have you received your TV yet? I too am in a similiar situation to yourself having a 40" Bravia. Have the funds to purchase a st50 poss stretch to a gt50, I have never owned a plasma. Have you seen a marked improvement on the PQ in comparision to the Sony?

Also I know it makes no difference but space is a premium where it will be going with a 50" being very tight. Is the bezel much thinner than your Sony, I know they are all different so hard to give advice but your opipion is appreciated.

Hope you are pleased with your TV

Regards, David

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
definately go for the panasonic it will give you countless amounts of viewing pleasures, also you should be able to get 5years warranty with it.

A

Anonymous

You have already mentioned some of the key points of the TV like cheaper, lighter and the passive glasses which in itself has a big advantage over the others. As for me, LG takes a lead over Panasonic in all terms let it be the contrast ratio, picture quality or sound, which are a major backdrop of all upcoming TVs. I have a 42” model of LG TV you have mentioned and it came with five pairs of 3D glasses while I know Panasonic only gives two so in order to enjoy the TV with your family you have to get extra pair of glasses and active glasses are too costly... These are purely my opinions and I would recommend you to take a closer look on both models before making your final decision.

A

Anonymous

No one can go against the quality of Panasonic. They have one of the best tvs. Lg is also a great brand improving quickly. Anybody checked out the OLED TV? Tv is not just tv anymore. All additional features should be evaluated too. The network for LG is by far the greatest. The magic motion remote from LG is another advantage that makes everything more convenient. Dual-play-split screen for gaming and variety of apps to fiddle around the tv.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts