Samsumg 46D8000 vs Panasonic VtT30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm changing my very good Panasonic 37PX80: can anyone, please, give some feedback that helps to choose one of these tvs ?

My preferences:

Movies, Sports.

50% 2d HD

40 % 2d SD

10 % 3d

I have been demoing the Samsung but i couldn’t try the Panasonic's models: they are being sold on Internet sites but they are not being showed in Spanish stores. So this is my summary from my direct experience and different expert reviews (WhatHifi Team will you review soon the Vt 30 ?).

** Samsung 46 d 8000 (in Spain the price difference is very little compared to D7000)

The movement management isn’t bad but not as good I’ve seen in Sony’s Tvs and it can’t be compared to these Panasonic's plasmas. This is a point that is very important for me, i hate viewing Artefacts or clouding.

Better:

Good PQ

Brighter images suitable for rooms with bigs windows (my living room).

Very good HD.

Slimmer and lighter pannel.

Without risk of image retention

46 “ Screen in the space of a 42”.

** Panasonic 42 VT 30 (46 “ is not asvailable in Spain)

Some little issues with bright shifting

Some little 50hz issue

Not very good in bright rooms

Better :

3D

SD 2D

Good Hd

Input lag

Blacks

Movement Management

Accurate Colour

One more pair of glasses, Cheaper.

Also i could consider Panasonic 46 GT 30 model and some future Sony Tvs (42-46) (WhatHifi Team: will you review soon new Sonys ?).. What do you recomend me? an other tv to consider ?.

Thanks a lot for your Help.

A

Anonymous

Hello ...is my english so bad nobody can understand it ?....
smiley-wink.gif

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
In my opinion the Panasonic VT30 is the superior TV. Especially if you fancy content with speed (sport and action movies). This is handled better on the VT30, not because of movement management (turn these features off) but because of the nature of the panel.

On the other hand bright rooms is not in the favour of VT30. Reflections, although not as bad as earlier models, is still more prominent than on the Samsung.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advise Tkratz.

Yesterday i could see in action a 46GT30, I have to say:

The Hd images were best i’ve seen (Colours, Blacks , Bright, sharpness…). The movement handling was good but i Could notice some edges were almost shaking in the first scene of Batman The dark Knight in blueray in wich you can see a buildings landscape.

The SD images were good but, in my opinion, the upscaling could be better.

I ‘ll wait to watch this scene and SD upscaling samples in a Vt30 to

to make a choice.

Anyone, perhaps a experienced owner, can add any additional information to this?

A

Anonymous

This scene often causes this effect due to judder and this would be visible on most screens, so I would not worry about this too much (although my samsung seems to handle this scene with no problem).

I've seen both these sets in action on long demos and although the samsung is the nicer looking TV, I think the motion and natural picture produced on the Panasonic is The better of the two (but I do prefer plasma any way).

Loriculus

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
The clouding on the Samsung was an issue for me and ended up trading it in for a VT30. Clouding seems to effect all led edge lit sets to some degree. I had 2 Samsung 7000's before deciding to change to plasma. Both had varying degree of clouding.

Had the VT30 for 4 days now and its a very impressive set. Blacks are very good although i do notice random artifacts in the black which i think are intended to prevent burn in.... but further calibration may resolve this... still playing with the settings :)

A

Anonymous

I have a similar opinion, I’ve decided finally not consider the Samsumg it also fails with movement handling. Thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

A

Anonymous

Hello Loriculus, thank you very much for your feedback

I hope you to enjoy your new 50" Vt 30. The artifacts you are suffering could be a estrange behaviour but , normal for Panasonic, called Brightness Shifting. There are lot of people talking about it in differents forums and it is very well documented.

¿Have you watched Dark Knight's first sequence i’ve been talking about in my previous post? Did you notice the shaking -flickerind building edges or it doesn't reproduces in your VT30?. Your feedback about this Tv is very valuable to me.

Thanks again. Kind Regards

michael hoy

spfrank said:
Hello Loriculus, thank you very much for your feedback

I hope you to enjoy your new 50" Vt 30. The artifacts you are suffering could be a estrange behaviour but , normal for Panasonic, called Brightness Shifting. There are lot of people talking about it in differents forums and it is very well documented.

¿Have you watched Dark Knight's first sequence i’ve been talking about in my previous post? Did you notice the shaking -flickerind building edges or it doesn't reproduces in your VT30?. Your feedback about this Tv is very valuable to me.

Thanks again. Kind Regards

Watched this seen many times on my 42" VT30 and no shaking or flickering on the building.

A

Anonymous

Hello Michael Hoy, yesterday I watched differents scenes of blueray and DVD movies on a 50 VT 30 demo unit. Amazing filmic picture, but my reference scene: the first Dark Knight secuence dissapointed me again. This was the tv's behaviour:

With IFC medium the building of the left was literally almost undone.

With IFC off the movement was rough like in a 50 hz tv .

Can you tell me your configuration for watching bluerays movies ?

The other movies looked amazing with a very soft and natural movement even complex movies like avatar and the rest of the Dark Knigth.

If any one more can add something, all the help is wellcome.

Good night Forum

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Actually Blu Ray playback is not even 50 Hz but 24 Hz (if adjusted to native settings).

In contrast to what many beleive this will not create a smooth picture at fast panning scenes. Some refer to it as the 'filmic look' others more like an outmoded technology leftover from the early days of filming.

Personally I still prefer the 24 Hz playback compared to other artificial faster frame rates which have other problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts