Panasonic GT50 Active 3D flicker

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I had a demo of the Panasonic GT50 recently and was not impressed by the 3D on it, although I’m not convinced I got a very good demo! The shop that demoed it for me were unable to demo proper 3D material due to broadcasting licenses so I got a 2D to 3D conversion demo. Also apparently Panasonic don't send out any promotional material with the TV's to demo anymore! How either expects to sell a TV without a decent demo I don't know. The 2D to 3D conversion I got was of the Olympics on BBC HD, the depth as ok but nothing came out at me from the screen, I wanted to see this which I would presumably see on a dedicated 3D source? Also I noticed flicker on the active shutter glasses. The room was bright for the demo and the sales assistant advised that the flicker would not be seen in a dark watching environment at home. Is this the case? Would the flicker disappear? I've seen some reviews on this TV and every one indicates it’s the bee’s knees, shame I can't seem to get a decent demo! Anyone got this TV and has the issue of licker during the day but not at night when watching 3D in a dark room?

Thanks

Edited by mods

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We didn't have any particular problems with flicker when we reviewed the Panasonic TX-P50GT50, which has a more robust picture than previous generation models. Watching 3D was certainly more comfortable than before. Amazed that the shop couldn't give you a proper 3D demo - they only need to hook up a 3D blu-ray player and 3D disc!

A

Anonymous

That is weird; I haven’t seen any Panasonic TV models that had problem with flickering. The only TV brand that I saw with flickering models was Samsung. But I only checked out 2 3d TV models.

A

Anonymous

I heard that a lot of people recommend passive 3d than active. Which TV do you think is best between Toshiba, LG, or Vizio?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
alexanderk813 said:
I heard that a lot of people recommend passive 3d than active. Which TV do you think is best between Toshiba, LG, or Vizio?

It's probably unwise to compare broadly entire brands. You have to compare individual models. So you can compare, for instance, one specific Toshiba TV with one specific LG TV. I don't know much about Vizio at all, are they American?

TRENDING THREADS