foobar2000 - UI Configuration Primer

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
kena:Recall seeing somewhere that Shuffle is more random, don't know if this would help you.

Yes, I realised that last night, all sorted now thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,ÿ

I have a problem installing cronflow in foobar. The text appearing reads "Couldn't get hardware accelerated PixelFormat". What do I have to do and where to check?

Any help appreciatedÿ

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Try updating your graphics drivers. If that doesn't work, it may be that your GPU doesn't support the functions used by Chronflow or the way it expects them it work. Sorry. Can't be much more help than that.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for advice PJ, I have updated the drivers, and now I am getting "Rendering is not fully hardware-accelerated".

So, I will fully reinstall Windows XP on my PC and update everything over the next weekend, and see what will I get.

Still playing with the flash (Cronflow), questions about the substance (ASIO or ASIO4ALL) will come after XP reinstall.

Thanks,

Goran

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Well?

I haven't been on for a while....but if I had been, I'd have probably advised against re-installing windows just to get chronflow working. After all, it's just pretty stuff and, to be honest, once I have the music playing I always minimise the HCI.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
A few pages back I provided the steps required to install and configure AlbumArtDownloader and recommended Album Art Exchange as the best source for images.

It turns out that Album Art Exchange don't like automated downloads of their images so have locked down their site and requested the AlbumArtDownloader developer remove access to their site from his application.

So, if you are having trouble getting AlbumArtDownloader to find images from the Album Art Exchange, you now know why.

Personally, I think locking down access to their site is a mistake. Trouble is, without the hits (and they don't get any for automated downloads) they don't get the advertising revenue. I would have been looking at maintaining the automated downloads but ensuring the advertisers get their screen inches....perhaps by offering a dedicated, automated tool. Perhaps there's one in the pipeline?

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks PJ, great guide for a newbie Foobie like me, who is just starting to experiment with what is obviously the future of music replay. A question if I may? After following the chronflow instructions, I have some albums showing art in the flow section, but a lot of "question mark" album covers. However, the album art does show in the playlist if any of these albums are selected. Any ideas?

Once again, thanks for the guide, it's helping me listen to more of my music.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
PJ busy with builders at the mo I recall seeing , so if I may. Note that Cronflow and playlist Artwork are defined in different places

Cronflow under Preferences -> Cronflow -> Album Source and Playlists Preferences -> Columns UI -> Artwork

So check what you have defined and make sure there's an entry for your art file whatever your naming preferences you use folder.jpg , front.jpg , cover.jpg etc. or your title formatting script is correct if you use that method "$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front.jpg"

Hope this helps.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Kena. Yes. Looking for bathroom suite at the moment and just dipping into the forum here and there to add the odd post and get it deleted ;-)

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I thought everything was named correctly in preferences, but noticed that most of the Various albums had no covers in Chronflow, and realised it would be to do with the way the folders are named and stored on the drive and what Foobar was looking for. Noticed Blind Boys of Alabama weren't in Chronflow, but album art showed in playlist. When I checked the folder name, it was FIVE Blind Boys. After changing the folder name, it now shows in Chronflow, but not in playlist, so I'm going to assume that will be to do with id tag. Off to have a go at sorting it, but if anybody has any ideas on the Various Artists problem, please let me know.

Once again, thank you.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes, sorting out the various is a bit of a pain but I have managed to do it (to my satisfaction anyway). If you can't sort it out, I may be able to give you some pointers....but I can't remember off the top of my head how I did it.

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
The id tag thing worked for the Blind Boys, but that's got me thinking. Is it possible to view by albums in Chronflow, rather than by artist? If it is, I think that would make everything look tidier. Might have a go at changing some preference settings later, can always read the guide again to get back to where I started. Have to wait til the early hours, got to go do some work
emotion-6.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Export your FCL preferences -> columns ui main Export ...You can import if you get it wrong .. Download Foo_Jesus for a autosave/backup component.

Anyway under the display tab Show album title in Preferences->Cronflow just reverse %album artst% - %album%

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Cheers Kena, tried that with the album thing, and it worked in a fashion, but not the way I expected. Got it displaying albums, but was surprised it had the album in Chronflow seperately for each artist. It's 2 in the morning, and I can't get my head round it now, so off to sleep on it. There was still no artwork for the Various Artists albums, so I'm sure it must be a file naming or id tagging issue. Preferences seem to be pointing in the right direction for all the other albums, so if I can start to understand the IT stuff involved , I'm sure I'll find the answer at some point. I'm getting a Data Vault delivered next week, so I hope I can get my head round it by then. Thanks for the pointers, I'm learning so much as I go along, I'm realising how little I knew to start with!

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
For various albums I set %ALBUM ARTIST% as various and %ARTIST NAME% for the "group" and file naming structure I use

%album artist%/%date%%album title%

Just post any more queries I sure myself/ PJ will try to help If we can , Foobar can be a bit daunting and It was PJ'S guide that go me on the slippery slope but the customisation optinos availabe are way ahead of other players - Also computer resource usage it miles better than say the very bloated Itunes

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
thanx for pointing me in direction of this player am really liking the improvement in sound but i have several issues which i hope you can help me with
smiley-laughing.gif

i recently ripped my collection over 700 cds using windows media player which was quite good came up with 99% of album art with each album although it had a cpl of problems with splitting occasional albums i did this on my main computer onto an external 1Tb hard drive (all albums ripped as wav)

when i added said external to my laptop which goes through my dac via usb no artwork was showing which was no biggy but then after cpl of days had a problem saying it couldnt find the tracks which is when i sort the experience and knowledge of these forums n found foobar. liking the look of pjpros setup off i went to try n get something similar. what a headache and i know it will be something simple im missing

have got front end set as per these forums for time being but im having problems getting it to load everything

all my files are setup as such F:/Wavs/alabama 3 - La Peste, or F:/Wavs/Pink Floyd - The pulse, just a cpl of examples

inside each folder is a front cover to show in chronoflow that cover is simply named alabama 3 - La Peste or Pink Floyd - The Pulse

i have my music folder set as F:Wavs and is monitoring

my source for chronoflow is set as F:Wavs%artist%-%album$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg

all my albums are all shown together is no split as in it just looks like 1 album wi a lot of tracks

plus i only have 1 cover showing in chronoflow

i dont know wether this is due to a tag error or me just being stupid as usual

any help greatly recieved

pete

ps when i go into library and show album list comes up with all albums on drive and when i click each one it comes up with album art in playlist window but not in chronoflow and some of the albums have not got the cover placed in folder as yet but they still show as cover in playlist (am surmising that is something to do with all the covers that WMP got while ripping)

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
im certainly getting more confused was getting nowhere fast on last attempt so had a go from scratch again with latest version of foobar which i noticed had an option to load imbedded inmages from files which i clicked now have some covers in chronoflow but not all.i also had another prob in that the artwork wasnt coming up on each album as they were clicked, this has been sorted simply by renaming all covers "front"

i have left the source in chronoflow as "$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg"

so now obvious question would b how do i embed the other covers so they all come up in chronoflow

foobarscreenshot1.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts