Foobar2000 - User Interface Gallery

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

PJPro:I've noticed, actually, that the new version of foobar2000 doesn't seem to update file tags when I edit them. This maybe because I have embedded the cover art into the flac files and have broken the file standard. Bummer!
I think you are experiencing the same thing as me but I haven't yet figured out what is going on. I updated the album artist field as you suggested before. The correct field was being displayed in MP3TAG but not taking effect in Foobar2000. But now all of the album artist tags are set to the correct artist, except various, but they took sometime to appear.

If you remove your media library from preferences, close Foobar2000, start it again and re-enter the media library, close and re-start again, this forces Foobar2000 to re-read the library. However, it still appears to cache some information because on a reboot it takes longer to read the library. If you look next to the media library entry it says "monitoring" and I think it takes some time before it notices changes in metadata or file structure.

However, it is more complex than that. I followed your instructions in creating the interface and in the bottom left I see "album artist" on most of the albums. But if I right click a track and select properties I see different information. In this case "album artist" is blank. This is also where I see "" in uppercase and other uppercase "tags" including one which says "". My conclusion therefore is that Foobar2000 is storing it's own metadata in a database and only gradually updates this data with the data it finds in the file itself. What I have not yet discovered is where this data is held and in what format. My attempts to find it have not revealed anything. I also don't know how to force it to update.

Having said all that, I really think Foobar2000 is really worth all the effort. It is just so much more powerful than anything else I have seen. Nothing else can be customised so much. What I really want to find out though is where it stores all of it's information so that I can backup the database and the configuration changes I've done. I'd particularly like to be able to implement the changes on another machine without having to do it manually. Do you know how to do this?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
kena:

Refer to Formatting guide for syntax..it's %album artist% with a space...

Yes, I'm aware of that but the poster claimed two fields were present; Album Artist and ALBUMARTIST. I was hoping that the latter (which is populated) could be retrieved from the file by using %albumartist%. It was worth a try.

A

Anonymous

Loving the 3D wall view too. This players a keeper, expect I will pay up when the trial is over.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Brisk:Loving the 3D wall view too. This players a keeper, expect I will pay up when the trial is over.
It's interesting reading your posts Brisk but I'd be grateful if you stuck them in the J River thread. That way others interested in the player will benefit from your comments....they won't find them buried in this post.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Brisk:Loving the 3D wall view too. This players a keeper, expect I will pay up when the trial is over.
It's interesting reading your posts Brisk but I'd be grateful if you stuck them in the J River thread. That way others interested in the player will benefit from your comments....they won't find them buried in this post.

This one Brisk.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/386242.aspx

A

Anonymous

Here's the theme I'm currently using. It's called Xchange and is available with all the necessary components and you just choose from a range of 'panels' to get the look you want.

Foobar.jpg

A

Anonymous

... and here's the link that I forgot to include in the above post.

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/Xchange-360-130750625

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to PJPro for the tutorials.
smiley-smile.gif

I created a layout that focuses on fast access to my music using a simple interface. Select Artist then double-click the Album of choice, music in 3 clicks of the mouse.

2qnb9xt.jpg

A

Anonymous

I stumbled upon your CD View looking for help on configuring the UI.

Now that view looks awesome!

..and complicated, what I want is "simpler."

Though hard enough that I revert back to my minimal black layout once it becomes a mess.

Really I just want album art, either in a floating [fullscreen] window or clickable to the same effect.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Applied a few tweaks to my foobar2000 layout. Now have it just the way I like.

Browsing Albums:

foobar2000Album.png

Browsing Artists:

foobar2000Artist.png

Internet Radio:

foobar2000Internet.png

Dynamic Range Meter:

foobar2000DRM.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts