Folk/Acoustic albums

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Hay Mac..I honestly had a tear come to my eye on reaching the end.....I don't think another album has reduced or lifted me to such a extent....in recent years...but I have to say it won't be for everyone.

I can understand that, it's the fact that it's based on real people makes it so moving

I must see Karine live... if you haven't already, take a listen to her album Traces, another brilliant album, particularly the last track, "Half a mile", again based on true life

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

McRibbons

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Karine Polwart /Pippa Murphy

A pocket of wind resistance

Absolutely beautiful album

https://open.spotify.com/album/4Qet86917RmdNrEpjCqolZ?si=U2t_BntyTCCG8yLhp5m6Ug

Although being a Scot I could be accused of being a tad biased.lol.

love her track Firethief, beautiful.

McRibbons

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned Glen Hansard... just playing his album Rhythm and Repose, it’s just right for lazy Sunday afternoon.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
McRibbons said:
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned Glen Hansard... just playing his album Rhythm and Repose, it’s just right for lazy Sunday afternoon.

Don't believe so, good choice... featured on my blog a while ago

Came across this new album today The Transports self titled... concept album about exile and migration in the 18th century

Mac

McRibbons

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
The Transports album was enjoyable, thanks. I loved the spoken word intro.

Some meaningful and contemporary grass roots folk.... Phat Bollard, Brew for the Barrowman.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
McRibbons said:
Sam Carter’s album The No Testament has an air of simplicity that is refreshing, and it also has a feel good factor too.

Sorry for the radio silence for the last week, but had no internet the whole time! So not discovered anything new, apart from the new First Aid Kit album Ruins, just going to take a proper listen for myself.

Really like the Sam Carter, couldn't find Phats on Spotify though

Mac

McRibbons

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
The Imagined Village. Bending the dark

Starts off with some nice folky sounds and then goes off into something else and comes back again...a bit strange but entertaining never the less.https://open.spotify.com/album/6fS7WXgZG2QBGBzwJhhclT?si=U-yxq_cJT3y-PppiGECO5A

Thanks for that, I really like it.

for some upbeat folky stuff 3 Daft Monkeys album Year of The Clown, quite lively.

McRibbons

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Macspur said:
McRibbons said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:

Starts off with some nice folky sounds and then goes off into something else and comes back again...a bit strange but entertaining never the less.www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

I’ll try the Two Birds album later, but am enjoying her track Sandman.

If if you like 3 Daft Monkeys “Agnes the Giant Killer” you might enjoy Coco and the Butterfields stuff, maybe.

Laters

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
McRibbons said:
Macspur said:
McRibbons said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:

Starts off with some nice folky sounds and then goes off into something else and comes back again...a bit strange but entertaining never the less.www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

I’ll try the Two Birds album later, but am enjoying her track Sandman.

If if you like 3 Daft Monkeys “Agnes the Giant Killer” you might enjoy Coco and the Butterfields stuff, maybe.

Laters

Yes, really like what I'm listening to at the moment... King of the Corner EP... Battlegrounds reminded me a bit of Of Monsters and Men

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wodpress.com

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Issac Gracie - All in my Mind .

https://open.spotify.com/track/1RMpFVl2DxcQPOeAOuXB3d?si=dTbn90QwSr2X5BUQBHTOyQ

I love his voice it's so powerful and emotional at the same time .

Here is the whole brilliant EP .

https://open.spotify.com/album/043p042wwqxz2IDnVoYwKz?si=cvp02g1cSxSDtzZkpmH0eA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts