Folk/Acoustic albums

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
And I'll touch on the full album Tomorrow..but it sounds promising....

Oh and of wolves from Keld that you mentioned in a earlier post is very good....just because I don't reply..doesn't mean I'm not listening.....sometimes work gets in the way or I forget.

Is the band's name 'you are wolf' or keld as I'm getting loads of various different bands in YouTube and Google.

Ok answered my own question
Was typing the wrong names

You are wolf

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
And I'll touch on the full album Tomorrow..but it sounds promising....

Oh and of wolves from Keld that you mentioned in a earlier post is very good....just because I don't reply..doesn't mean I'm not listening.....sometimes work gets in the way or I forget.

Is the band's name 'you are wolf' or keld as I'm getting loads of various different bands in YouTube and Google.

Andrew,

the artist is You Are Wolf and the album is Keld, there's another one by them called Hawk to the Hunting Gone which is also excellent

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Listening to Passenger: The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Bought the LP from the online store and received free 16 bit WAV 44.1Khz digital version.

The sound quality is astonishing. The music is beautiful!

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Received a few CD's for my birthday yesterday, been enjoying them today:

Martin Simpson, Trials and Tribulations, Laura Veirs, The Look Out, Bob Fox, Songs for Joey, Phoebe Bridgers, Strangers in the Alps, You Are Wolf, Keld and a couple I bought myself Greg Russell and Ciaran Algar, Eutopia and Wasteland and Ninebarrow, The Water and the Wild.

Thankfully all of them in a nice gatefold LP style cover

Mac

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Listening to Passenger: The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Bought the LP from the online store and received free 16 bit WAV 44.1Khz digital version.

That is pretty good , have you heard "Young as the Morning Old as the Sea"?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Macspur said:
Anouar Brahem... think Big H recommended the album The Astounding Eyes of Rita a while ago... beautiful instrumental work.

I've been exploring Heidi Talbot's back catalogue and I think my favourite is The Last Star.

Any more recommendations anybody?

Mac

Yes I did mention The Astonding Eyes of Rita. Another ECM album you could try is Cloud Dance by Collin Walcott, this is more jazz but I think is quite interesting, sound quality is excellent.

Just playing this one which is new to me which you may want to try is Brother Dede: Folk Songs of the American Longhair.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:

Big fan of Passenger, got 3 of his albums Little Lights, Flight of the Crow and Whispers... sounds like he's back on form with The Boy Who Cried Wolf, superb!

Now bought it... crazy price on Amazon and Ebay, but reasonable through official website and as you say download included.

Mac

McRibbons

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Macspur said:
Been listening to an outfit called Tunng today and their album Turbines... a blend of Indie, Folk and electronica, well worth a listen if you're in the mood for something a bit different.

Now listening to the brilliant Ben Howard album Every Kingdom

Tunng and their album Turbines.....what a good call ! Thanks for that.

Ben Howard’s Every Kingdom is quality too.

I’ve just put on Hudson Taylor’s album Singing For Strangers (Battles being my favourite track).

D

Deleted member 160668

For fans of the vocals of London Grammar'sHannah Reid, you must listen to Freya Ridings live at St. Pancras Old Church

empty house... having a listen now... thoughts to follow. Nice one.

Saw LG recently live. Hannah’s voice made my hairs go on end. Truly breathtaking live.

*EDIT... Freya sounds good, I’m enjoying it... Just spotted she’s live near me on tues... Might pop along and have a listen.

Now also listening to Arctic Lake, who Freya is touring with. Quite like that too.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
amormusic said:
For fans of the vocals of London Grammar'sHannah Reid, you must listen to Freya Ridings live at St. Pancras Old Church

empty house... having a listen now... thoughts to follow. Nice one.

Saw LG recently live. Hannah’s voice made my hairs go on end. Truly breathtaking live.

*EDIT... Freya sounds good, I’m enjoying it... Just spotted she’s live near me on tues... Might pop along and have a listen.

Now also listening to Arctic Lake, who Freya is touring with. Quite like that too.

Nice one... bet you wouldn't be disappointed. Hopefully Freya will make a studio album soon.

Now listening to Phoebe Bridgers, Stranger in the Alps

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
McRibbons said:
Macspur said:
Been listening to an outfit called Tunng today and their album Turbines... a blend of Indie, Folk and electronica, well worth a listen if you're in the mood for something a bit different.

Now listening to the brilliant Ben Howard album Every Kingdom

Tunng and their album Turbines.....what a good call ! Thanks for that.

Ben Howard’s Every Kingdom is quality too.

I’ve just put on Hudson Taylor’s album Singing For Strangers (Battles being my favourite track).

Glad you liked Tunng, definitely a buyer for me.

Thanks for reminding me about Hudson Taylor I've never had a proper listen to them before.

Mac

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
I was watching a documentary, Heartworn Highways on sky arts the other week. It's set in mid 70s America. Near the start came across this guy called Larry Jon Wilson. He sang a song called "ohoope river bottomland".This guy has an amazing voice and the song is one that grows on you. I think it's off an album "new beginnings".can find on YouTube. Well worth a listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts