First time home cinema buyer needs help.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First time poster so please bare with me.

My wife and I are moving into a new house shortly and we have just purchased a LG 50PK590 plasma tv, but now need either a dvd/BR player or an all in one home cinema set up to go with it.

I do have a PS3 for BR some of the time, but it is more often than not away with me when I work away from home.

We would have a potential budget of upto / around £300 (fairly basic spec I'm guessing) for an all in one set up, to include a DVD player which is multi-region.BR not essential, especially not with our price range.

I have been shopping around online and have noticed a Pioneer DCS-585 which seems to tick all the boxes. Does anybody have any experience of this system or who can recommend it?

The bottom line is, if the set-up we would get for this kind of budget is not worth the extra expendature (when compared to a stand alone DVD/BR player) then I will probably leave it a while and do some saving.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Finding an all in one system that is multi region can be a bit of a problem. I would suggest you contact your local branch of Richersounds for advice on that. Most of the DVD and Bluray players they sell are multi.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Just looked at Richersounds site, and the Pioneer system you mentioned is available in multi region form. Cant say I have any knowledge of its performance.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

I have noticed a couple of places mentioning it being multi-region, but I'm not sure if it is a store modification or it is MR straight out of the box.

It seems like a good value package, its difficult finding reviews of it though.

If MR did not matter, could you recommend me a decent value / performing package?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts