First headphone system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Listening late at night is a problem, other people in the house are not so keen on hearing neil diamond at 10.00pm at night,so i bought a musical fidelity v-can2/ grados sr80i combo, anyone heard these bits of kit? will it sound good? any thoughts are welcome, i am quite excited!

A

Anonymous

My first head-fi set up was exactly what you have got and it will sound superb. Just be careful with the X-Cans volume knob, it can be erratic and go from quite to blisteringly loud with the slightest of turns. With the Grados others will still hear Neil Diamond as they leak sound like a seive.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, i have read about how the volume control is very sensitive, i plan to set it at maximum listening level and then control the volume from spotify or i-tunes, i can finally listen into the night without annoying my younger brother, i am looking forward until they arrive, ill post my opinion of how they sound :bounce:

idc

If your X-Can is anything like mine it will not work setting its volume at maximum. That risks destroying your headphones and I do not know how well your PCs volume will be able to lower it and cope.

I would set the PC's volume to maximum and then carefully control overall volume on the X-Can. That will work fine, you just need to be careful.

My original set up

3501702965_bff6174323.jpg

idc

It is designed to be able to use it through the tape loop, which is how I had mine in its original set up with a Rega amp that did not have a headphone plug. It will sound fine. :grin:

A

Anonymous

Yes thats what i meant, find the highest listening level thats comfortable and control the volume from spotify or i-tunes, i plan to use my v-can 2 through the tape input on my amp as i dont want to have to unplug anything, will that affect the sound quality? cheers for the reply.

A

Anonymous

Quick question, will my headphone set-up sound as good as my hifi? or better..

idc

I personally say better, which is why I went head-fi. I dont mind wearing headphones and do not miss having a huge sound stage that you get with speakers. For me the detail and clarity is where headphones win hands down.

A

Anonymous

Welcome back idc, where ya bin? Self imposed hiatus? It's your fault I've bought 3 pairs of AKG headphones in the interim.....

At least I blamed you when my wife queried it! :)

OP - quite a leaky set there. As long as another room then fine.

A

Anonymous

Amp and cans have arrived, straight out the box they sound nice, i am quite impressed, i am sure they will sound better once there run in a bit, late night listening is now sorted :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts