Extremely poor customer service from Arcam

cs2011

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Over the past month or so, I have been trying to contact Arcam with some queries about their Solo Neo. Three times I used the support email address given on their website, and the final time I used the web form on their site. (I couldn't see any support phone number). So far, I have had no response. Has anyone else had such experience with Arcam ?

I think that to ignore potential customers like this is extremely rude, ignorant, unprofessional and shabby. Well, this is one customer they have lost for good !

In complete contrast, I contacted the Taiwanese company TB Speakers (Tangband) twice recently, about a couple of their loudspeaker drivers. On both occasions, I sent them an email late on Sunday night and received a response from them first thing Monday morning. Brilliant customer service ! Arcam take note.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have heard this a lot, but always over email. They are much better if you ring them, where you will see a different side.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

Cno

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I've sent them three emails over the last month or so, and no replies at all. Probably best to ring them instead.

In contrast Monitor Audio replied same day and then almost immediately to my follow ups :)

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
It does seem to be something of a lottery with many companies. I've always had prompt replies to e-mails from Arcam & Rotel, slow from MA & none whatsoever from Leema. Daft as it seems in this day & age, if you want a quick response then finding the time to make a call seems the best option.

manicm

I can vouch that Arcam are not responding to emails. They've ignored me thrice, whereas about a year or two ago they were still prompt. Don't know what's happening with their PR.

What's also very strange is that they display nothing about their new BDP300 player on their front page, although there is product info, but the technical specs don't say much.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I concur, the support from them over the last six months has been rubbish.

Apparently it's due to teething troubles with the overseas support centre which is now with their overseas manufacturing facility.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Crocodile said:
It does seem to be something of a lottery with many companies. I've always had prompt replies to e-mails from Arcam & Rotel, slow from MA & none whatsoever from Leema. Daft as it seems in this day & age, if you want a quick response then finding the time to make a call seems the best option.

I've had same day responses everytime from Leema so I don't know what happened with you. They've also sent me bespoke setup diagrams in the past.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
manicm said:
I can vouch that Arcam are not responding to emails. They've ignored me thrice, whereas about a year or two ago they were still prompt. Don't know what's happening with their PR.

What's also very strange is that they display nothing about their new BDP300 player on their front page, although there is product info, but the technical specs don't say much.
I thought they were scrapping the BDP300, weren't they?

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
VoodooDoctor said:
I've had same day responses everytime from Leema so I don't know what happened with you.
No idea, perhaps I haven't spent enough? But having been ignored on three or four occasions we seem to have reached a compromise - they're not interested in me as a customer so I'm no longer interested in purchasing any more of their products...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone ever heard of a spam filter? It's quite possible, especially if several emails haven't been replied to (notice I didn't say ignore), that your email can be picked up by the spam filter. I've had quite a few customer emails take thus route, which is why I go through my spam filter most days. I'm guessing Arcam get a lot more mail (spam or otherwise) than me, and I can get hundreds - Arcam might get thousands - maybe they don't have time to go through the spam filter to fish out emails.

A phone call will get answered or ignored - either way, you know it will get through.

matthewpiano

Most of these companies aren't particularly equipped to be customer facing themselves. That is why they have dealers and, I suppose, one of the reasons why most Arcam products can only be purchased by going into an authorised dealer. Always better to find a good, helpful and informed dealer than to rely on direct contact with a manufacturer.

shafesk said:
manicm said:

Where did you get this news? I haven't heard this. I do know that he BDP 300 is available for sale, & a couple of forum members have bought it.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
shafesk said:
manicm said:

Where did you get this news? I haven't heard this. I do know that he BDP 300 is available for sale, & a couple of forum members have bought it.
I saw it in a video on youtube where the guy from Arcam was talking, I might be mistaken...it might be another blue-ray player that Arcam was developing which is very high end. I remember him saying that the current market situation is such that such a product will not be well received...I'll see if I can find the video link

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Just to put things into perspective,last year I bought an rCube from John Lewis.There were problems with the wireless dongle to rCube transmit/receive at only 4metres across the room.Contacted Arcam via Phone no Problem,getting put through to the right person was trying.Eventually spoke to the tech debt guy.all very amiable etc.Promised to get back to me that day or first thing next day,yeah like hell he did.week later still nothing.So contacted John Lewis who refunded me the Purchase price that same day.Bought a M A IDock 200 and a happy soul am I.Will steer clear of Arcam in future i'm afraid.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
To be fair to Arcam although I am not a fan of their products, they have always stood behind build quality. They are one of the few manufacturers in who have refused to move production to the far east. We all know that unless you tightly control quality like BnW does in their Chinese factory, things can go very wrong indeed to the point the manufacturer loses their identity. Electronics go wrong, its their nature, I'm sure no manufacturer wants to purposely build a product to last a few days but these things happen. With regards to customer support, hifi companies are not the biggest corporations and often have a few support staff.....have faith. They even have someone from Arcam on this forum, I'm sure the mods can arrange some form of contact between you and him.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Not as far as I know....they manufacture in the Uk.....said by Charlie Brennan, Arcam's Md. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4nRF3ah78I to Bigboss---they talk about the blueray player here too

manicm

shafesk said:
To be fair to Arcam although I am not a fan of their products, they have always stood behind build quality. They are one of the few manufacturers in who have refused to move production to the far east. We all know that unless you tightly control quality like BnW does in their Chinese factory, things can go very wrong indeed to the point the manufacturer loses their identity. Electronics go wrong, its their nature, I'm sure no manufacturer wants to purposely build a product to last a few days but these things happen. With regards to customer support, hifi companies are not the biggest corporations and often have a few support staff.....have faith. They even have someone from Arcam on this forum, I'm sure the mods can arrange some form of contact between you and him.

No mate, my (fairly expensive) Arcam Solo Mini is indeed made in China. I must say after 3 years it has been 100% reliable apart from the rDock issue I had. Will purchase the new drDock and check again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts