Exposure with Dynaudio? Surprisingly very good!

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Today at my local Hi-Fi retailer I listened to an Exposure 2010 S2D integrated amplifier with a pair of Dynaudio X18's. Wow, this combination sings! It really gels together well. They walked that fine line perfectly. Smooth yet detailed. Not harsh but still transparent. Good rhythm, soundstage, and bass detail. Not thumping depth but satisfying bass detail. Most importantly the music portayed is involving. I probably got as much enjoyment out of that system as I do my Sugden and Harbeth one, but for different reasons. The price is very reasonable as well, the two being good value. I would have never thought before to pair these two together. You all should try to hear this combo if you can.

Has anyone else heard Exposure with Dynaudio? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Source was a Marantz CD player and cables by Nordost.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
If you felt the sound fast and punchy. Iam looking for an integrated amp to drive the concept 40's. And they are slightly laid back and warm in my opinion. So iam looking for a amp that can kick them in the teeth and balance out. I've read that Naim gear pairs well with the concept 40's...so your impressions would help :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
newlash09 said:
If you felt the sound fast and punchy. Iam looking for an integrated amp to drive the concept 40's. And they are slightly laid back and warm in my opinion. So iam looking for a amp that can kick them in the teeth and balance out. I've read that Naim gear pairs well with the concept 40's...so your impressions would help :)

I would not go for exposure then. Quite measured sounding ... kind of hifi imo.

Densen, Naim or an 8 series Cyrus (w/o PSX-R). A good ultra linear valve amp such as from Icon.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I think exposure are great too. They seem to be very good value and do a lot for the price. Part of a group of companies in Sussex that are of very good quality including harbeth and spendor and then you have b and w as well in Worthing. Exposure are in lancing near shoreham airport.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
newlash09 said:
I have a primare i22 amp on eBay at the moment in mint condition £400 this will be a great match and put some turbo in the concepts

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts