Expanding the Use Of My Home Cinema System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, I think I asked this question when the forums first started, and Andrew had the answer to my problem, but cannot find the post. So I apologise in advance if anyone recognises the question.

Simply I want to expand my home cinema/2channel setup for late night listening pleasure. Currently my Front L&R are wonderfully balanced but as they are floorstanders limit nice listening levels from midnight onwards on work nights, they are connected from the Denon using PreOut to input into my 2 channel amp. However my Rear L&Rs are standmounts speakers powered just by the Denon AV amplifier.

The question I am asking is, hypothetically if I bought a small 2 channel amplifier e.g. Cyrus. Connected the rears up to the Cyrus aswell as the Denon AV using 2 seperate speaker cables will this be possible IF - Which ever input power source (Cyrus/DenonAV) isnt used will have its power cable UNPLUGGED.

I was told by Sevenoaks that this will still cause both amps to blow up however if there is NO Power going from one power input and never both shall be accidently turned on, then there shouldnt be a problem should there?

Any help is welcomed, Thanks

A

Anonymous

I take it no one is quiet that mad to have 2x2channel amplifiers integrated with a 5channel AV setup then...
emotion-2.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
To be completely honest I can't understand why you'd want to. A stereo amp on the fronts for when you're just listening to music, yes, but why would you want to put one on the rears as well?

A

Anonymous

Very soon my stereo/FrontL&R for AV will be the PL300s - upgrade from the GS60s. For early hour listening, they will prove to be difficult as they produce a lot of sound energy. My Rears are the GS10s wonderful for their size and dont have the sonic footprint throughout the building as the PL300s will have. A Cyrus8VS2 can be had for less than 500 according to my local dealer due to the 2009 range coming out. 500GBP for listening pleasure at all times of the day, sounds good to me :p Also with the Cyrus being solid state rather than valves theres also less worry for me there too.

A

Anonymous

Messiah - the Cyrus will not have a Home Theatre Input therefore the volume of the rear speakers if connected - via the pre out from the Denon to the Input of the Cyrus will be controlled by the Cyrus Amplifier. That would be more of a struggle then I guess. The only safe way round I have found is using a speaker switching box, But does anyone know how that will affect the overall sound quality? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts