ever heard of Wires

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
bought a panny pz70 today for 1600 in shop with 5 yr warranty, i hope thats a good price. now the guy gave me a hdmi cable called 'wires' . tech-link. does anyone know of this brand????? is it any good. it says 35£ on the box but that dont mean much. should i upgrade to something like qed? thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Techlink is an established cable company that makes some decent stuff. We've reviewed the Wires XS MI cable from them (as a 2m HDMI) and thought it a little overpriced (at £60), with rivals like the QED HDMI-P offering better details and black-levels for the money. Maybe the cable you have is the 1m version of that? (In which case it's a bargain if free!)

We've just tested another Techlink HDMI cable we loved for the money, however - but as i'm not in the office, I don't know the exact details on that, i'm afraid.

I'd relax and enjoy your superb set and only worry about a cable upgrade at a later date.

That new Techlink I mentioned is tested as part of a big round-up of the latest HDMI cables in our February issue (out January 10th), where we've also got a subscription offer of a free Award-winning Chord HDMI lead, worth £83....

A

Anonymous

no, its a 2metre cable but the funny thing is though it has no model name, just tech+link wires hdmi. is that it do you think??. also clare u know the 50pz70, is it definately 24fps as i saw a post here going on for ages and didnt know the outcome of the debate. i hope this doesnt start a similar thread

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The upshot is the Panasonic supports 24fps, but not natively (but through clever use of picture processing) - so there's a slight risk of judder compared to a true 24fps set (such as the Pioneer Kuro range). Having said that, the Panasonic's motion-handling with HD discs at 24fps is excellent, and any evidence of judder has been hard to find - a fact acknowledged by many contributors to that debate.

It's still a great set (and there are some superb deals to be had in the sales) - though there are newer models snapping at its heels. Which is why we're running the 50-52in TV Supertest in our February issue, out January 10th...

A

Anonymous

yeah thats why i ran out and just got this one. otherwise id be waiting to get my hands on a later model. a scene which i did see judder is the scene in planet earth where millions of birds are flying below though that may have been te recording ah well i might not be about for a while when my tv arrives. its blu ray time. next stop a new cd player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts