Etymotic Research ER6i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying a pair of Etymotic Research ER6i in-ear headphones and was wondering what sort of experience other people had with these. A friend at work mentioned that they weren't very "rugged" and that the junction with the jack was a particularly weak point.

Also, do you think that they are worth the extra money compared to say, Shure SE 110 or even the Sennheiser CX 300? I'm particularly looking for good isolation, as I use them on the move, including noisy London buses and tubes.

Thanks in advance!

Peter

A

Anonymous

Hey,

I've had a pair of ERs for the last 3 years or so and have been very pleased.

Noise isolation wise they do a really good job especially the overlapping type tips which are soft and comfortable to wear in my opinion. You can really keep the volume to a minimum even on public transport.

Sound quality is decent in my view only perhaps lacking slightly in bass but I haven't compared these to other in ear headphones so hard to say.

Durability is also good. I have been using mine for 3 years while commuting to work so they have had a decent test. The jack is fine although I did manage to cut through the cable quite near to it by accident and have had to replace the jack with one from maplin (luckily it was near the end so not much damage done). I do replace them in the little pouch that comes with them after each use and carry the pouch in my pocket (probably also a bit more hygenic given that the tips go inside of my ear).

I would definitely recommend these - noise isolators are a total must outside the home if you care about your hearing and these have served me well.

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
I hated them. Grating highs, absolutely no bass (yes, I did have a proper seal). Unbearable to listen to for more than 10 seconds.

A

Anonymous

Che1:

I hated them. Grating highs, absolutely no bass (yes, I did have a proper seal). Unbearable to listen to for more than 10 seconds.

Thats what I heard about them. I've got a pair of Sleek Audio SA6's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts