Entry level system

Giò

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I'm looking for an entry level - but solid - hi-fi system. It must be comosed by amp, speakers, radio and CD players; wireless connection would be nice.
Budget 700€ - but I can consider eventually really valid out of budget products.

And... a curiosity: how much wireless connection influences audio quality?

THANK YOU.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
To fit everything within your budget, you could do far worse than have a look at the outgoing Marantz MCR610 mini system, which is now going for about £299 instead of £500. 60wpc, sub out, two analogue and one optical input, CD, DAB radio, Internet radio, Spotify, AirPlay, USB input, and wired or wireless setup.

Plenty of speaker choice from the likes of Monitor Audio, Dali, KEF, Bowers & Wilkins. Best to get a listen to a few speakers with on as they'll influence the sound you get from the Marantz. Just choose your preference, or what you think will suit your room.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Giò said:
Hi there, I'm looking for an entry level - but solid - hi-fi system. It must be comosed by amp, speakers, radio and CD players; wireless connection would be nice.Budget 700€ - but I can consider eventually really valid out of budget products.

And... a curiosity: how much wireless connection influences audio quality?

THANK YOU.

[/quote

]Denon RCD N-9, and some used bookshelf speakers (Dali, Acoustic Energy, Wharfedale)

matthewpiano

With that budget I'd fully agree with David and Tibor about the wisdom of purchasing a compact one-box system to fulfil all of your functionality requirements. The current offers on the MCR-610 are excellent and it is a very good example of its type, which can be used with a good range of speakers. I'd certainly recommend auditioning speakers and I'd suggest the following shortlist:

KEF Q100

Dali Zensor 1 and/or 3

Q Acoustics 3020 and/or Q Acoustics Concept 20.

With any of these the speakers will respond to any future upgrades to the electronics. For example, if you wanted to stick with the small system format a Naim Unitiqute 2 would get significantly more performance out of any of the suggested speakers, but then would also be more than good enough to stand a speaker upgrade at a later date.

TRENDING THREADS