Emotiva DAC

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
For those interested in this DAC, I've just had a quote for delivery and the price works out to be around £300 all in including taxes and duty. (Rough calculation of 25% duty and VAT)

The DAC is currently discounted by $50.

T

tiggs

Its worth noting that if you buy it directly from the USA, you will probably have to send it back to the USA if you need it repaired under warranty, also Emotiva do NOT ship their products with country specific power leads, they ship everything with US power leads, so you will need to budget for an adapter (about £5) or a new iec power cable which will cost about £5-£10. I would personally buy it Item Audio as they are selling them for £350 plus shipping and they import them from the USA and provide a 12 month warranty and UK power lead, and also you don't have to worry about import duty and vat. Also if you import it from the USA the courier company may charge you an extra fee on top of the import duty and vat.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
tiggs said:
Its worth noting that if you buy it directly from the USA, you will probably have to send it back to the USA if you need it repaired under warranty, also Emotiva do NOT ship their products with country specific power leads, they ship everything with US power leads, so you will need to budget for an adapter (about £5) or a new iec power cable which will cost about £5-£10. I would personally buy it Item Audio as they are selling them for £350 plus shipping and they import them from the USA and provide a 12 month warranty and UK power lead, and also you don't have to worry about import duty and vat. Also if you import it from the USA the courier company may charge you an extra fee on top of the import duty and vat.

You're right, according to Mark from Item Audio Parcelforce charge a £13.50 handling fee. (Handling? Isn't that their job?)

This is a very tempting unit, fantastic vfm (I am basing that on looks and spec, I haven't heard it).

T

tiggs

With regards to the handling charge I mentioned I am aware that Item Audio charge postage. I was actually referring to the first post saying about importing it from the USA as the couriers will probably charge you a fee for working out the customs and vat, on top of the import duty and vat.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
So was I. I wasn't referring to Item Audio's postage charge, I was referring to the fact that Mark from Item Audio has said that there is a Parcelforce handling charge if you order direct from the US - though I can see that wasn't that clear from what I said. I don't know if that handling charge is for them working out the duty and so on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts