Electrocompaniet turntable!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Electrocompaniet decided to make a turntable and they will present it for the first time on the Munich High End Show during May 15-18th.

In addition they will present the new phono preamp ECP-2 and an A/V line of separates named EC Living.

We will have photos published in this thread of the new TT as soon as they reveal it.

:type:

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Electrocompaniet decided to make a turntable and they will present it for the first time on the Munich High End Show during May 15-18th.

In addition they will present the new phono preamp ECP-2 and an A/V line of separates named EC Living.

We will have photos published in this thread of the new TT as soon as they reveal it.

I spotted this on the Electrocompaniet website a while ago and it really surprised me :O .

http://www.electrocompaniet.no/news/

I wonder whether it is going to be a completely new design or a rehash of an existing turntable ?

I also wonder whether it will use a version of the Electromechanical cancelation system used in tha EMC1UP Cd player ?

I am very interested in what form Electrocompaniets first turntable will take but it will have to be very good to equal the sound quality available from the EMC1UP Cd player ! :)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully its not an OEM based on Technics, Rega or Pro-Ject. I'm hoping barebone.

18mhw9q9qej8kjpg.jpg

fingerscrossed.gif

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that its simple modular design allows for an infinate number of adjustments to suit the user's taste. Tinkering-fetishists like CJSF who will spend 3/4s of their time adjusting it and 1/4 of their time listening to it will be stuck in a perpetual orgasmic loop. Sneak picture here:

:p

Vladimir said:

Nice Perhaps best reposted in the Turntable & LP subforum, just a thought. :)

MajorFubar said:
I've heard that its simple modular design allows for an infinate number of adjustments to suit the user's taste. Tinkering-fetishists like CJSF who will spend 3/4s of their time adjusting it and 1/4 of their time listening to it will be stuck in a perpetual orgasmic loop. Sneak picture here:

:p

Gotta get me one of them, look at the colours man! :grin:

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow that looks quite retro , it's pretty though :O

It even has a detachable headshell !

It looks like it is aimed at the upper budget to midrange turntable market , I would be interested to find out the price !

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The acrylic top and platter look delicious and I am fan of the classic J and S arm.

I don't think its going to be too expensive. Looks fairly simple.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
There it is!

Click image to zoom.

Now call me old fashioned or killjoy but that arm looks like a modern day re-worke of the old BSR/ADC that was used on the likes of the Quanta 800 TT. A modern day version of that would be stunning!. Also seems to have elements of the old Acos Lustre. Amazing.

gomfs

May 15, 2014
Visit site
deppending on what you call "expensive" Vladimir.

link to an Norwegian article about the new streaming products and also the new turnable.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2014/05/15/kultur/analog_digital/hi_fi/hi-fi-messen/high_end/33291800/

if you se under the picture of turnable it stands "Electrocompaniets første vinylsnurrer havner i prisklassen 30000 kroner."

basicly it means "Electrocompaniet's first LP-spinner gets in the priceclass of 30000 NOK."

since NOK->GBP is more or less close to 10-1 it like 3000 GBP, or 5000 USD.

but if the 30k is with VAT or not i dont know but guessing it is, and norwegian VAT is 25%

plastic penguin said:
Vladimir said:
There it is!

Click image to zoom.

Ooooh... I really like it.

So do I in a funny sort of way. Like those gold buttons with same layout as their other kit. I wonder what they do. (You only need on/off and speed change, so how come 4 buttons. Is one a dummy??? :grin:

I guess they have one is for stop and the other for go.

Cannot see any hinges for a lid so it's scratch this one in my opinion.

When are TT manufacturers going to learn that although it may look very pretty it still needs a cover..... :twisted:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts