earth loop buzz !@#?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i recently switched my setup from bi amped to 2x mono and found an agrievating buzz through the speakers. Russ Andrews suggests earthing the body of my components. before forking out the cash am i able to link the wires to a bolt on my kit the just to the earth wire in a spare wall recepticle? instead of a earthing spike in the ground?

A

Anonymous

Isolate your power circuit in your house.

Get a 16mm stuffing gland from an elecrtical wholesaler's.

Get some 2.5mm earth wire and suitable crimps/crimper.

Drill hole in wall socket front, earth all your kit, and then run wire thro gland into socket box and connect to earth...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ive tried this on several components with no luck

Id actually suggest borrowing another set of phonos and try them (Ive found certain phonos tend to make the problem worse)

A

Anonymous

if earthing all the component with the same earth does not get rid of the buzz as above its not an earth loop problem

A

Anonymous

hi dave i have my source and pre amp on 1 ciruit and both power amps on another circuit, is this what you mean? what is a stuffing gland? is that like a rubber gromet/seal?

regards

A

Anonymous

hi aliEnRIK i have multiple phono cables, first was chord chorus 2 then anthem 2, after was nordost red dawn and now atlas titan all cu. in this instants the nordost were the quietest then chorus atlas then anthem???

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Annoying isn't it the buzz!

I had that problem with Densen, Ecs and Chapter amps...apparantly it was due to the zero feedback design.

A

Anonymous

The Dirt Demon:
hi dave i have my source and pre amp on 1 ciruit and both power amps on another circuit, is this what you mean? what is a stuffing gland? is that like a rubber gromet/seal?

regards

Hiya. Ill tell you what if you get all your kit and plug it into the same double socket (via some cube blocks say), then see if you have the buzz still. Another thing is if your kit is plugged into an extension lead it may be overloading it a bit that may cause a buzzing sound via yr amp/speaker.

A stuffing gland is..

AMP_acgm20blk.jpg

TRENDING THREADS