Dynaudio Excite X32

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I know these speakers are award winners and Dynaudio has a superb reputation, but does anyone else think these Excites look kind of cheap and mass produced? I mean compared to say a Wilson Benesch Square 2 or something like that. The Excites cabinet has that grey plastic panel on the front. Given the price, they just don't look the part....

A

Anonymous

Hi. I haven't seen the speakers you are talking about neither live nor in pictures but I can tell you that my X12's grey front panel seems and feels like pretty solid grainy metal. Miles ahead from my old DM601's S1. I'm sure X32's will be of similar if not superior construction. Don't seem cheap imho.
emotion-2.gif

Harris

A

Anonymous

I heard them (the X32) at the Bristol Show rigged up to a Plinius system and they sounded just fantastic. They would be on my shopping list definitely. Considering how good they sound, looks take a backseat - not that they look THAT ugly to me anyway.

A

Anonymous

I agree, they look so cheap. They may sound ok, but to ugly. Then again, a cyrus cd8se looks like it got stolen from an 80's ford cortina!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
dontcallmeshirley:I agree, they look so cheap. They may sound ok, but to ugly. Then again, a cyrus cd8se looks like it got stolen from an 80's ford cortina!

Agree with you on the cyrus gear. Don't like the case, don't like the display, and really don't like the shape. But would still consider due to sound quality.

A

Anonymous

Funny.... I find they look good. Have them in maple. Unassuming, purposeful, great sound......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts