Dull Colour issues with Panasonic TH-42PX70

mlamb64150

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

I hope someone in the know can help me out here.

I've had the above TV since September 2007 based on recommendations from the Mag for my price range (picked up for £700) and have been very happy with it, I'm currently running Sky HD and a PS3 through it (both via HDMI) for Blu-Ray and using as a media server to watch content from my Desktop PC.

Anyhow, in recent weeks I've had a small annoying problem which only seems to happen when watching Sky HD. When ever a particularly white background is shown on screen (typically in TV adverts) the screen will
temporally adjust the brightness and it will flash down to a very low brightness whilst the whiteness is displayed but then return to it's normal settings once the white passes.

This is very minor and I can live with it, but my concern is that it may be the start of a more serious problem. Has anyone else encountered this, or know how to stop it?

Thanks,

Matt

A

Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem with the 37" LCD from Panasonic. Its driving me up the wall and I have recently been through hell and back trying to organise a exchange from Dixons Online. The problem only seems to occur when using Normal or Dynamic Picture mode. Like you I'm worried it may be the start of something more serious and have been trying to get an exchange (come on Dixons - shame on you!)

Have you tried a different picture setting?

mlamb64150

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
I just had on Normal settings, I'm trying it in Cinema mode now, will have to wait for the right advert to replicate it.

Will let you know how I get on

A

Anonymous

I know someone with your model and I actually tested theirs too which didn't have the fault. Seems like a bad batch to me. I'm still waiting on Dixons for the exchange date!

A

Anonymous

Not sure about SKY HD, but does it send 1080i to the tv or 720p. If it is set to 1080i, i would try setting it to 720p and see what happens. Just an idea mind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts