Dog chewed through subwoofer power cable

cjthedude

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My puppy chewed through my subwoofers power cable. I have a Paradigm CT 90 5.1 set. How do I fix this? Can I get a similar sized power cable, cut it off and attach it to the by twisting the wires around together? Then tape it up with electrical tape? Does it have to be a specific type of cable? Or is there a better way? Any help would be much appreciated.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Does it plug into the mains? If so, I presume it wasn't plugged in when your dog chewed through it. What you suggest is really not a good idea with 240V electrics. You're not patching the cord coming out of some 6V phone charger. It needs to be taken apart and new power cable soldered in. It's really not that hard, but if you're not confident to do, it, let someone do it who knows what they're doing. Also may I courteously suggest you take better care of your puppy. If the cable had been live when he chewed through it, 240V would have bounced the poor sod off the opposite wall and fried him instantly.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
grdunn123 said:
Isn't it a standard 'kettle' type plug with mains on the other end? Should be a few ££ from local store.

Apparently a 'tethered' mains cable ...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=1001919705&image=1&enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts