Does Reduced Price Mean Increased Star Rating..?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm tyring to get a new TV (Aren't we all..!)

I've come across a few which got a 4 star rating at a given price, however when I've checked the prices they have come down a significant amount.
If they got reviewed again at the new reduced price, would it likely get a 5 star rating from a 4 star?

Items I've found:
Samsung LE40A558 reviewed at £1000 but now priced at £600
Samsung LE40A656 reviewed at £1100 but now priced at £700
Philips 32PFL7762D reviewed at £600 but now priced at £350

Panasonic TX-32LZD80 reviewed at £750 now at £530 (got 5 stars, so guess true bargain..!?)

These are just a few I've found.
Oh, before anyone mentions. yes I've gone from 32" to 40" but I am looking for both the main tv and bedroom one..! LOL

Also, does anyone know what the diffrence is between the Samsung LE26A456 and Samsung LE26A457..? (Asked this in another post, hope thats ok)

In case I forget....... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL..!
emotion-2.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
In theory a lower price could lead to a better star rating, but we'd need to re-test the sets in question against their rivals which may also have dropped in price. Also we'd need to be sure that there's stock available at the prices you've quoted.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,
Thanks for replying to my post.

What you say does make sense, which lead me to see what the others were costing now.
It seems theres a few bargains out there at the moment, which has lead to another dilemma.

I think I might go for a 32"TV now as they don't seem to cost that much more.
So I've put up another post for anyone who may have any experiance on the shortlist I've done.

http://whathifi.co.uk/forums/t/170563.aspx

Thanks again for replying

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts