Does my head look big in these iGrados

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
thanks to Claire and the gang on Saturday, I took up the magazine subscription and got a free pair of iGrados.

The sound is awesome compared to my 6 year old Sennheiser px100's.

Only problem is I feel they are like a vice around my head. No instructions with them other than a picture of a head on the box. They don't seem adjustable at all.

Is my head just too big for them?

Hi Pete,

I'm sorry to learn you're finding the iGrado headphones uncomfortable. They are designed as a 'street' headphone and you are correct with regard to lack of adjustment. Frankly, I don't know what to suggest. My colleagues tell me I have a particularly 'fat head' and I can wear the iGrado reasonably ok, but I confess I find them a little tight just behind my ears. You may find lowering the neck band as far as it will go at the back of your neck is the best position.

Very best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armour Home (Grado)

A

Anonymous

Just checking but, you've got the band around the back of you're head, not over the top right? I don't mean to be taking the michael but we all have our blonde moments.

Is it just me or does the design of the iGrados leave a little to be desired for a "street" headphone?

I've had to get 2 replacements after the connection to one of the speakers failed and the other when the wire failed at the jack end.

I'd have thought they'd have realised that placing the exit of the wires from the bottom of the speakers would mean they get stressed every time you drop them to your shoulders when e.g youre in a shop or speaking to someone (I cringe every time I catch the wires around my ears when I take them off too). When I think of a "street" headphones, the first thing that comes to mind is "must be durable" most people buying a set at this price are not going to lay them on a bed of feathers on a satin pillow by they're stereo all the time, by deffinition they're going to be taken everywhere in all conditions.

Do not get me wrong, I love my iGrado's and they sound far better than anything i've heard at that price, just wish they'd beefed the build up a bit so I'm not on edge about hurting them when I use them.

A

Anonymous

cookiemonster: I cringe every time I catch the wires around my ears

well I bet you that prince Charles does not have a pair ...

a solution if you have a big head: suck you cheeks in when you wear them (but don't whistle to the tune)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts