Does Bi-amping affect stereo music listening?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
At the moment my MA RS6 front speakers are bi-amped with my Onkyo 875 AV receiver as described by the Onkyo manual. I could understand this connection should be good for 5.1 or 7.1 multichannel movies. My question is if this kind of connection will affect stereo music listening when I use the Stereo mode in the receiver. Does the Surr Back channels of the receiver output any singal in stereo mode? I connected my CD player's preout to the receriver via analog input.

Peter

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If the receiver is set for biamping, then the surround back channels are actually carrying the front left and right signals, and you can only 'do' 5.1, not 7.1.

And yes, it does improve the sound in stereo.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
aren't you lucky it's "described in the Onkyo manual". Denon refer to it in passing, whispering from the page, but leave it up to you to figure out exactly how it works!

A

Anonymous

Andrew and Big Aura, thanks for your quick answer to my question. Now I understand.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew - are you a bit ... well, shall we say.... Rainman-ish?!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I prefer my music on the 875 played on the PL2 setting.

With the tweaks/improvements I have done on my system I have the clarity/openness/detail with all the settings, just like on the 'direct' one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts