Does anyone actually like Dolby Vision or HDR over HDMI?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I'm not clear what exactly is the problem. A calibration should sort the issues out, because it sounds as if the settings aren't correct.
Yep, I reckon you and Series could be right. Knowing me I will spend the money on a new purchase though but probably way in the future.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
bigboss said:
I'm not clear what exactly is the problem. A calibration should sort the issues out, because it sounds as if the settings aren't correct.
Yep, I reckon you and Series could be right. Knowing me I will spend the money on a new purchase though but probably way in the future.

not many on here are fans of pro calibration, I am and you should be because you could see the improvements when canary jules calibrated your VT :)

Sliced Bread

gel said:
Sliced Bread said:
I do recall ages ago seeing an LG that had loads of grain in the shop, to the point of it looking like a very stony picture.

I thought they were all like that and it almost stopped me buying one, but i checked a few other stores and they were fine (as is my one at home, which was the same model).

If it is really really bad, then it might be worth asking LG to send an engineer.

If however it is subtle, then it might just be the film grain as others have said. This is a good thing as it's what is intended.

Perhaps worth taking your film to a store and asking to view it on other sets :)
Cheers, just spoke to JL and LG but they are saying within spec.

how about taking a picture of a scene with bad grain plus a picture of the basic picture settings.

D

Deleted member 2457

Sliced Bread said:
Sorry for the spam, but one other thought.

Do you have sharpness setting engaged? If so it could be the sharpness / edge processing is exaggerating the grain.
To be honest I am only getting the grain on what scene in Kick Ass 4k Blu-ray so I think I will just watch that in 4K not HDR - problem solved.

D

Deleted member 2457

Sliced Bread said:
gel said:
Sliced Bread said:
I do recall ages ago seeing an LG that had loads of grain in the shop, to the point of it looking like a very stony picture.

I thought they were all like that and it almost stopped me buying one, but i checked a few other stores and they were fine (as is my one at home, which was the same model).

If it is really really bad, then it might be worth asking LG to send an engineer.

If however it is subtle, then it might just be the film grain as others have said. This is a good thing as it's what is intended.

Perhaps worth taking your film to a store and asking to view it on other sets :)
Cheers, just spoke to JL and LG but they are saying within spec.

how about taking a picture of a scene with bad grain plus a picture of the basic picture settings.
Tried that already but people couldn’t see a difference. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

davidf said:
gel said:
Are you using HDR David on the Sony? Is it doing the same thing? Cheers.
I am yes, but can’t say I’ve come across any issues.
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts