Does anyone actually like Dolby Vision or HDR? I find 4K a better quality picture!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I now switch off HDR and Dolby Vision and just watch it in 4K. Sure it makes the picture brighter, but that’s it, the better picture quality goes to Blu-ray or just 4K.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Good point. I don't like HDR a lot of the time. Tend to agree, much looks better without. Good for gaming on occasions but even there, not essential imho.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers DM. I am now picking and choosing when I use HDR and when I don’t.

D

Deleted member 2457

davidf said:
Probably much like finding the right piece of music to illustrate the difference between two products, I’m sure the right scene would clearly show HDR or DV’s benefit.

Exactly what is it about HDR and DV that you don’t like?
Yep, you’re right David. I like Kick Ass and Batman Begins without HDR on and I like HDR on Blue Planet and Planet Earth.

D

Deleted member 2457

Sometimes HDR blacks look grey and sometimes there is a fuzzy ness to the picture on HDR and clear without.

D

Deleted member 2457

My TV is looking superb now I am switching between 4K, HDR and Dolby Vision depending on what suits most best. Wow! I got the firmware update coming too.

D

Deleted member 2457

drummerman said:
gel said:
My TV is looking superb now I am switching between 4K, HDR and Dolby Vision depending on what suits most best. Wow! I got the firmware update coming too.

Happy days :)
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts