do you think m doing the right thing

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

in my quest for speaker upgrade, i posted on this site a few times and got so many replies/advice regarding the choice and brand of speakers that it took me a while to audition them.Unfortunately, i was not able to listen to the atc(too bad, but in a way, m glad as wife saw a picture of them and said so way..).I currently got the cyrus pre xpd/8power and have focal 826 speakers but find them too boomy and imposing for my room and don t think they complement the cyrus gear.I am now keen to go from floorstanders to standmount.as a result i decided to go for the wilson benesch sq1.Not the bassiest of all, but did enjoy it s mid/treble.I am still waiting to sell them in order to buy the sq1, and can t feel a little apprehensive about going from big to small speakers, so do you think i will regret that decision??/

sincerely yours

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
depends on whether you know what you are getting yourself in for and are doing it for the right reasons.

Sacrificing scale and base for detail speed and imaging. It will also depend on what music you listen to because you won't be getting much of anything under 70hz and that may be surprising. You could always add a sub.

I assume you tried all you could with the floorstanders as far as positioning, plinths/spikes, blocking ports, etc. before deciding to get rid of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts