Do you remember your first post?

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Here's mine

Help!!! Musical fidelity to Marantz
I recently upgraded (???) my hifi system, I bought my old system almost 20 years ago, Musical Fidelity e10 amp, Marantz cd player and a pair of BW 601 this system has served me very well and recently for some strange reason I wanted to upgrade my system. Having read all the good reviews about the Marantz pm 6004 and cd6004 I decided to go for the pair. I hooked them up with my old BW speakers and straight away felt a bit disappointed with the overall sound, I was obviously expecting better sound from the new amplifier but on the contrary the sound I was getting was not even as good as my old MF E10 , so just to get a comparison I connected my old amp with the new cd player played a few tracks and came to the conclusion that on MF the sound is a lot sweeter, sounds from individual instruments are better separated and overall reproduction is a lot more musical.

Two questions :

Am I not getting the best out of Marantz because my speakers are old or is my 20 years old MF is a better a amp?

What would be an idea amp to replace my old amp, if after changing the speakers, Marantz 's doesn't improve?

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Of your Pioneering thoughts
regular_smile.gif

Tonky - It's all in the naim

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I was looking to upgrade my Logitech 5.1 computer speakers for gaming and was looking a Boston Acoustics or Q Acoustics speaker package. I ended up getting the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 system with a second hand Yamaha receiver for £500. Cracking setup for the money.

Little did I know where it would end up... You guys are a bad influence. :)

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I was looking to upgrade my Logitech 5.1 computer speakers for gaming and was looking a Boston Acoustics or Q Acoustics speaker package. I ended up getting the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 system with a second hand Yamaha receiver for £500. Cracking setup for the money.

Little did I know where it would end up... You guys are a bad influence. :)

i know exactly how you feel.

i had MF electra 10 amp, technics sp-pg590 cdp, BW dm601 s1 speakers.

look where i end up now!!

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My first post was asking about the difference between floorstanding speakers - Rega RS3's and RS5's. I demoed the RS3's, but held off for quite some time, until I picked up a discounted pair of RS5's. I was right to be patient, the RS5's give more scale and bass in my room and ended up being cheaper than a new pair of RS3's. *smile*

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I do not remember my first post!

But my fist thread was about my AV upgrade....

Thought about the Onkyo and Pio, but in the end got another Yamaha! My first RX V750 never fail on me, as his substitute so far the RX V775. Love Yamaha AVs, never get hot and they just keep on working!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
My first post was asking about the difference between floorstanding speakers - Rega RS3's and RS5's. I demoed the RS3's, but held off for quite some time, until I picked up a discounted pair of RS5's. I was right to be patient, the RS5's give more scale and bass in my room and ended up being cheaper than a new pair of RS3's. *smile*

nice jod jonathan!

that's the spirit, i love bargains...

Bought my Pathos Classic One mkIII just for 850€ ex demo ( retail price arround 2300€)

Dynaudio X22, central channel new in box for less 400€ that retail price, and finally my Inakustik cables ex demo for half the price, my RP6 ex demo for less 500€ and my Phono pre amp Basic Plus from Clearaudio ex demo for less 300€... I'm the bargain hunter... *dirol*

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if it was my first post, but my first thread was to ask for opinions on whether my Marantz PM6002 was a good enough amp to drive my new 2nd hand Quad 12L2 speakers.

It was.

A blast from the past!!
bigboss said:
Dear What Hi-Fi Team,

I was just wondering if you had any plans to test the new Monitor Audio Radius HD range, and the new AW-12 subwoofer in the near future. I'm planning to buy the R225HD for front and centre, R90HD rears and AW-12 subwoofer to go with Yamaha RX-V1900 receiver.

What do you think of this combination?

?

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts