Do you have to wall mount Bipole/Dipole Rears?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Having planned to empty my wallet a month ago, I then found myself working away so I've only just manged to get around to auditioning the system I wanted.

Following the advice I was so graciously given I auditioned the Monitor Audio BR5 package which was great. I allowed myself to be talked in to auditioning the RS6 AV pacakge as according to the dealer the Onkyo SR 875 would be under serviced by the BR5s.

Well it worked, I thought the RS6s sounded fab (not that the BRs didn't) but I then noticed that the rears need to be wall mounted :-(

I rent my falt and the landlord is not willing to allow me to mount them without paying for a complete redecoration of the lounge when I leave (huge lounge, lots of money). I therefore wondered if the rears could be stand mounted say on something like Atacama Aurora 6 which are tear drop shaped and therefore could be pushed in to the corner to hopefully achieve same effect?

Anyone know if this is feasible or if the sound will be affected hugely by not wall mounting Bipole/Dipole speaker types?

Many thanks.

Aeis

A

Anonymous

I personally prefer the sound of speakers that have been stand-mounted and can see no probs in this set-up. Stands will also allow you to find the best position for them as well.

When you move you have a solution that will then transfer to your new place which may not be suitable for wall mount brackets. Don't worry and get up and running soon.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that; is it safe to assume that the not permanently affixing them won't alter their sonic capabilities?

Dealer seemed quite set that they needed to be wall mounted or I needed to buy a set of stand mounters.

Andrew if you're about any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Few, if any, wall mounts provide a firm enough base for the speaker so, as long as you can put the speaker as near to the manufacturers specified position, then the stands are the better option.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I am sure there was a thread on here about puting Dipole speakers on stands a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure the general opinion from the main contributors was it's not the thing to do . Dipoles are not safe on stands.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I found the thread but he was talking about BRFXs but the RSFXs are the same size etc

"I don't think the BRFX's were ever intended to sit on stands and I personally think hanging them on the wall is the only way they should be.
They have a very small base and could prove to be very unstable (unless you glue them to the stands"

A

Anonymous

Just found that thread myself; looks like general opinion was that stands aren't an option which is a bind.

How much "surround" is lost by switching to something like the RS1 for the rears?

A

Anonymous

Quick apology as I read Bi pole as Bi wire. It was early (for a sunday) and thank all that is holy that Lost Angeles realised what a numpty I am.

Off to 'What Washing Machine' now where I told a poster it's alright to wash silk in bleach... thought it said Fabreeze.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts