Moving TV to the wall - still have bookshelf speakers...

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Very happy with our setup at present.

We have AE Evo2's along the front and QAcoustics 2010i's at the rear with BK Gemini Mk2 sub, which we rarely use.

The TV is now going to be wall mounted and so the speakers are going to need to be also (no other options). I am not sure what to do about this, the AE's are way too large for the wall.

I could replace them with the new QAcoustics 2010's and 2000C (about £200) but I fear they might still be too large. Does anyone have any experience with this setup vs the smaller Q7000 (already double the price). I am sure it would certainly look nicer on the wall but am I correct in expecting a significant drop in sound quality?

Thanks in advance,

Pikman

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Pikman said:
Very happy with our setup at present.

The TV is now going to be wall mounted and so the speakers are going to need to be also (no other options). I am not sure what to do about this, the AE's are way too large for the wall.

Thanks in advance,

Pikman

Not sure why you feel you need to wall mount your speakers, i allways thought that speakers should be at ear height when sitting down, how high are you mounting your tv.

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Pretty simple answer really, a toddler :)

They aren't going to be mounted all that high but I do not think stands are too clever. Incdetally, they are on the hearth right now and it sounds fine - I always thought the same but a little angling and the brain is totally convinced.

TV is going above the fireplace and will be able to swing down a couple of feet. Not ideal but that is the plan!

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
My 30-somethings were toddlers once and my speakers never suffered. Maybe a solid basefor stands or are they on the floor/hearth? Interested tho in your 'TV swinging down'. Can you explain (for my daughters benefit). :cheers:

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I would share an image but I cannot simply upload one. The TV is on a small homemade stand on the hearth, just high enough for the centre speaker to sit beneath it and the 2 fronts just sit at the sides on the hearth again.

I'm worried that the TV will end up with some sort of toy imbedded in it :)

This is the idea for the vertically swinging screen.

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Going back to this thread. The fireplace is coming out and the TV is going about half way up, good deal :)

Still looking at the 7000's but right now we rarely have to have the sub on as the AE's go pretty low anyway. With the 7000's, is it going to be more or less necessary to have a sub active?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts