do you consider hifi when looking at a house?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Anyone who starts measuring out and planning a living room with 'hifi' listening as a prime consideration must live alone (or probably will be pretty soon if they continue like that!)

Unless of course they have a partner who (shock horror) shares their interests.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes When we moved to our current House about ten years ago the size and layout of the front room was a constraint on the purchase, we ruled out a couple of possible properties on that factor alone, I did get some strange looks from estate agents
emotion-7.gif

I would not have sacrificed things like the children's school or anything over it but it was quite a large factor in the decision, then again so was the size of the kitchen and I would not have been called mad for saying the kitchen did not suit my needs or the dishwasher will not fit, why should I for saying the front room layout was not suitable for my audio/AV system.

And I do listen on Axis, my seat is the centre of the sound system, I'm not going to give the wife or kids a backhander for sitting there or anything like that but for me it is not Hi-Fi without the sound stage that is presented. I still think WE have a visitor friendly space but with a decent Hi-Fi slotted in there - http://community.whathifi.com/forums/p/251902/251916.aspx#251916.

TRENDING THREADS