Do JVC projectors last for more than 18 months before breaking???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had a home cinema installed a few years ago now and decided to specify a JVC DLA950 projector following a number of favourable reviews. After 18 months of good service the projector stopped working, following communication with the JVC service team, I was advised that the projector had an irreparable fault and I was given a later model DLA X7 which had been refurbished as my model was no longer available. I had to have a new mount as this had changed, and organised this myself.I have had this projector now for about 1 year, and unbelievably this projector has now stopped working. After the JVC service team again I was advised that whilst this is only a year after receipt of the projector that my original machine is out of warranty and therefore I have no recourse for the item to be fixed.I found it very hard to believe that these projectors, which aren't cheap can only be expected to last for a maximum of 12-18 month before breaking down. I have had many televisions over the years and have generally replaced working TVs with new models.Just wondering whether anyone else has had similar problems with JVC as they still get great reviews on this site??

A

Anonymous

To right they should last longer than 18 months ! Don't forget that your contract is with the retailer you bought it from, not the manfacturer, so take it up with them.

Some people on here may suggest you need to bow and scrape to them, but you don't. Be direct about your expectations, and don't take any crap.

TRENDING THREADS