Do I need a dedocated CD Player as well ?

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
My Combo of the Pioneer SC-LX85 and BDP-LX55 is ordered!!! Im selling my Denon AVR-2808 and My Denon DCD700AE CD Player. My Question is will the LX55 act as a decent CD player for music in Stereo mode, or do I need a dedocated CD player also ? This will be running through my Tannoy Revolution Signature Speakers.

A

Anonymous

umbucker said:
Im selling my Denon AVR-2808 and My Denon DCD700AE CD Player. My Question is will the LX55 act as a decent CD player for music in Stereo mode?

I would say definitely. I can't imagine you would improve on the digital out to the Pioneer amps top spec DACs with a dedicated CD player via analogue.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I wouldnt think so. The LX55 with the PQLS should give you a great sound through the Tannoys. The cost to upgrade to a good CD player to better the 55 would then be compromised going through the SC-LX85. I am sure there are other ways to spend that money to improve the set up. Speak to your dealer though I am sure they will lend you one to try at home just in case.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre said:
I wouldnt think so. The LX55 with the PQLS should give you a great sound through the Tannoys. The cost to upgrade to a good CD player to better the 55 would then be compromised going through the SC-LX85.

Hi Nick - are you saying that an expensive CD player compramised through the LX85 as the LX85 would not be up to spec to a high end CD player ?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I am saying that the money you would have to spend on a CD player to get a worthwhile gain over the 55/85 combination would be quite high. A CD player of that level may then be out of place in the system. You would really need to try it to see how it sounded in your room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts