Do I need a dedocated CD Player as well ?

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
My Combo of the Pioneer SC-LX85 and BDP-LX55 is ordered!!! Im selling my Denon AVR-2808 and My Denon DCD700AE CD Player. My Question is will the LX55 act as a decent CD player for music in Stereo mode, or do I need a dedocated CD player also ? This will be running through my Tannoy Revolution Signature Speakers.

A

Anonymous

umbucker said:
Im selling my Denon AVR-2808 and My Denon DCD700AE CD Player. My Question is will the LX55 act as a decent CD player for music in Stereo mode?

I would say definitely. I can't imagine you would improve on the digital out to the Pioneer amps top spec DACs with a dedicated CD player via analogue.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I wouldnt think so. The LX55 with the PQLS should give you a great sound through the Tannoys. The cost to upgrade to a good CD player to better the 55 would then be compromised going through the SC-LX85. I am sure there are other ways to spend that money to improve the set up. Speak to your dealer though I am sure they will lend you one to try at home just in case.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre said:
I wouldnt think so. The LX55 with the PQLS should give you a great sound through the Tannoys. The cost to upgrade to a good CD player to better the 55 would then be compromised going through the SC-LX85.

Hi Nick - are you saying that an expensive CD player compramised through the LX85 as the LX85 would not be up to spec to a high end CD player ?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I am saying that the money you would have to spend on a CD player to get a worthwhile gain over the 55/85 combination would be quite high. A CD player of that level may then be out of place in the system. You would really need to try it to see how it sounded in your room.

TRENDING THREADS