Distortion on Macbook pro

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all I have rearecorded all of my I tunes in lossless and filled up an Ipod classic 160G with music . the problem is I have noticed distortion on some tracks I removed these tracks and rearecorded them but they are still distorted I then listened on my laptop and found that that is were the problem is I rearecorded them and once again the problem is still there I have just put the album in my roksan caspian and no distortion the album in question is Eliminater ZZT can any body help many thanks TM

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Paul I have tried adjusting the play back volume in preferances and its still the same maybe im doing it wrong the cd play ok on my cd player thanks for your help :cheers:

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Which tracks?

Edit: Also check the playback sound level. There is an option to turn on/off sound check. Make sure it's off for ripping, ie in iTunes.

You could turn it on for playback on your iPod, but see if this setting alters your distortion.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Overdose said:
Which tracks?

Edit: Also check the playback sound level. There is an option to turn on/off sound check. Make sure it's off for ripping, ie in iTunes.

You could turn it on for playback on your iPod, but see if this setting alters your distortion.
I have just played all of the tracks and its only one track 1 Gimme all your lovin. I didnt get beyond track 1 as it sounded so bad but on your suggestion I tried the other tracks and they seem fine :) I susspect you know what the problem is and I am going to feel a right wally :grin: please do tell

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Overdose said:
Which tracks?

Hi Overdose I have checked the settings and the sound check is allready off it seems strange that its only one track I have noticed this on one or two Genesis albums while my Ipod has been on random in the car so not really able to tell if its the first track or not :cheers:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Overdose said:
Is error correction turned on?
Yes error correction is on the cd looks like new there are no marks and its shiny clean I am going to listen to the first tack on a few albums and see if they have the same problem the good thing about this its an education on how itunes can be manipulated through the settings I must admit I am a bit of a plug and play type of person I am not keen to learn what goes on under the bonnet so to speak unless some thing goes wrong of course I do appreciate all the help which I have been given many thanks :) I am off to work now have a good day :cheers:

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I rip using similar equipment and have that album, but have not experienced any problems. iTunes is usually configured to have any equalisation or sound checking turned off by default, it seemed 'plug n play' to me, but I do occasionally uncover a pop or click where there has been an error on the disc.

Are the iPod settings correct and as has been mentioned before, if you right click the song in iTunes, has the volume been altered in the 'Options' menu?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way of seting the recording levels before you recrd on to itunes ? although the distortio sound like vinyl lp which has had something spilt on it and you cant seem to clean it off if that makes sense

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
There are several areas to check for levels and EQ.

iTunes - View - Show Equaliser - ensure it is selected off.

iTunes - Highlight the offending album - right click - get info - options - ensure EQ and volume adjustment is set to 'none'.

iPod - Settings - Sound Check - ensure off.

The distorsion you mention seems more like a levels issue than anything else, but it would perhaps be a good idea to ask on some other forums as well for some more feedback.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/music-audio-podcasting/256399-itunes-cds-play-import-distorted-sound.html

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14001167&postcount=101

Is your iTunes up to date?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Overdose thanks for the links they suggested downloading the new version of itunes which made no difference I am going to take my mac into the apple shop and see if they can help thanks for your help :cheers:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Overdose said:
Did you fix it?
Hi Overdose I went into the apple shop today and they had no idea they suggested that I download the track from itunes , they also said it might be that it was uploadind at to hi a speed but they said it couldn't be slowed down so not much help I might go and see the guy who sold it to me if I find out what it is I will post and let you know :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts