Dissatisfied with Panasonic Screens

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This thread is to gather information from all the people out there who bought any of 2010 panasonic models, have issues with them and are struggling to get refund. I would ask you to state the model, problems you've encountered with your set and how your retailer/panasonic customer service responded to your complaints. This is meant purely for reference material. To start things of:

Model: TX-P50V20L

Date and place of purchase: 03.08.2010 at panasonic store, Limerick

Problems encountered: floating blacks or brightnes variations as described by a technician, solarisation or colour banding referred to as purple snakes by a technician pronounced as red and green stripes on skin tones, issues with image retention, skin tones appear to be shiny/oily, colour transition is not smooth which can be seen on playstation 3 start-up screen or panasonic's own bd-85 player start-up screen.

Course of action: Sent warranty form to panasonic and never heard from them. By december two patterns permanently appeared on the screen. Sent photos to the store. Technician came over, took the tv and replaced a mother board, all witin 3 days. This cured the patterns but didn't solve other issues. He wrote a report about hese problems and that he could't do anything about it. The retailer had to contact panasonic uk which want to send technician again to record screen's performance for confirmation (which doesn't make sense at all to me). I will be updating about further progress and results.

A

Anonymous

2 days ago received another call from technician, then from panasonic store staff member. No more home calls are necessary as they agreed on refund an will pick up the set tomorrow.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
drnknmstr:2 days ago received another call from technician, then from panasonic store staff member. No more home calls are necessary as they agreed on refund an will pick up the set tomorrow.

Glad it Pan-ned out OK in the end.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

My TXp50s20 gets picked up tomorrow, now the argument begins to get a refund and not another set.

I hope I can, because my dealer has made me an amazing offer on a ex demo 46HX903, that I might take him up on if I can convince the Mrs.

Edit: just replaced the space on the wall with my old Pioneer 507XD and it looks amazing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts