Can anyone recommend a 45in to 47in matt (or un mirror like) LED/LCD TV?

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Currently have a Panasonic TX-L47DT65B which I want to return and replace with something else before the 28 days is up. Been trying really hard to live with it but just can't. The two problems are the highly reflective screen which makes watching TV in our room sometimes impossible without putting up with reflections of the room (lot of light sources in our front room). Second is the incredibly annoying blooms in the bottom left and top right corners. The worst area is now the bottom left, and it wasn't to start with...so don't know what is going on there.

Anyway, I need to find another TV, one that has a cracking picture like the Panasonic but wihtout the other issues. Can anyone give me any suggestions. It's doing my swede in!

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Shame the other fixes didn't work, but there's somebody with a similar problem here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1472546/matte-screen-or-really-non-reflective-led-or-plasma-tvs-55-65-inch

If you do get an idea of the TV you want it might be worth taking a light into the store to see how reflective they are

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'll just have to look around some more then. I'll return the Panasonic TV as soon as posisble as no matter how much we try to get used to the problems and foibles we can't...so will have to bring the old old 32" Toshiba down from upstairs for a while until I can find something that isn't so problmatic. At least the Toshiba isn't super reflective (matt screen) and blooming from the corners...well it's a really good picture actually, but just not great for anything other than catching up as films are hard to watch on a small screen. But hopefully it'll be a temporary solution.

The LG I tried before these 3 Panasonics was atrocious as well. Backlight issues were horrible. I got that from A.co.uk and it went back after 48 hours. Can't say I'm all that impressed with the currently available TVs. It strikes me that the tech is flawed somewhat (in certain areas, like backlighting and screen reflectivity) and consumers are expected to pay a significant amount of money for something that isn't really up to muster. To me you should be able to watch a TV in most light conditions, within reason, and without having to sit in abolsute darkness. And you shouldn't have to put up with glowing areas of the screen. Crazy. The Panasonics would be cracking teles if it wasn't for those flaws.

Oh well.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Going back. John Lewis fantastic as usual. Arranged to swap it out for a Samsung UE46F8000 and try that. I really hope this will be okay....everything crossed.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
John Lewis rejected a price match I submitted. Made what seems to me to be excuses. Found the tv for approx £260 cheaper elsewhere but they said it was online only so wouldn't match. But the price was for instore and the site clerly stated it was an online and instore company so I emailed them back. The second excuse was 'inconsistent branding' referring to the website nane being different to the shop name although the site clearly shows who they are. So it seems John Lewis don't always honour the price match promise. I phoned and moaned but haven't had a response. Seems the decision is final once made. Oh well. New Samsung TV being delivered tomorrow. Almost £1500 at JL so was looking for a better price to ease the pain.

gagagaga

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Does sound a bit harsh against JL - they've taken back a fully working item because of your personal preference and offered an exchange. They've got to make money somehow - you can't have shiny stores, great staff and service and still expect web level pricing ...

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi gagagaga

Sorry to disagree with you (and I have to say, your rather patronising tone also), but I don't see how I was being harsh. They've (JL) taken back a faulty TV, not because of any personal preference....well it's a personal preference in that I do not want to pay good money for a faulty TV, if you want to describe it like that. That isn't expecting too much, and is not unreasonable, or beyond anything that is afforded me under the sale of goods act. They are acting properly, in accordance with the rules, as they should. This is a transaction, so 'feelings' don't come into it. Beyond that, they also advertise (nationally) a price match guarantee, which is their choice to do so. I submitted what I considered to be a price match within their rules and they rejected it....so I don't think it unfair ti highlight that. As you may have noticed, I didn't have a hissy fit and return the Samsung TV I ordered, I still purchased from them and paid them the money. They are happy, they've got my money, and I'm happy with my TV as I've got one that works, but I nonetheless question the validity of the price match offer. I don't understand your position, sorry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts