Disc storage..covers booklets and backs

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a decent storage solution for CDs that allows for covers, booklets and backs. I am ripping my CDs to flac, and in the next few weeks will have finished (it's taking a while, so I hope it wil be over by then) after which I want to store the CDs without their plastic cases. Obviously not all CDs can be dismnantled (book style etc.) but for the rest... Has anyone done this?

I recycled all my clunky, shelf filling DVD cases at the beginning of the year to save space and they are now in soft sleeves in draws but without the artwork beause it wouldn't fit. Doesn't really matter for most of them as I can flip through each draw (alphanumerical order) except a few have no identifying text so it turns into a bit of a game.That is done but I want a better / different solution for music CDs, just in case I ever decide to revert to playing CDs.

At the moment I have them in underbed plastic storage boxes in their cases. Looking for something more elegant.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks spiny norman. I was looking at soft cases (I actually have a few of them with DVDs in as well) but not all the booklets fit in the pockets of the ones I have. Very tight indeed. The hard cases don't seem to allow for booklets, well not the alluminium ones.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
VoodooDoctor said:
I use Fleecepacks. They are available from an online company called Covers33 and are quick to deliver. They do storage cases for them too.

Excellent! They look like they'll do the job nicely.

Thanks.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the link. They look interesting. Although I'd need quite a number of them + artwork albums and it would be a lot of cross indexing etc. Basically looking for a lazy way to solve the problem, and one that maximises space as the CD shelves take up so much of it. So removing artwork and cd from cases and slipping into a pocket would be preferable. Thinking about then getting a set of drawers with enough draws to store them all in and more besides. I could then still access them as, if and when. Probably a transitioning thing, but the idea of flac only seems a bit odd still. I like to be able to look at the liner notes sometimes (especially the classical cds).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts